Radiohead's Guitarist Hailed for an Oscar?
With Oscar season coming out around the corner, more and more acts are being tipped to be one of the nominees. Radiohead's guitarist, Jonny Greenwood, is one of them.
The British musician is in close possibility to bring home an Academy Award for his contribution in Paul Thomas Anderson's latest film, 'There Will Be Blood'. He is credited in the musical score that is described by a movie industry insider as "menacing and difficult to listen" but being loved by Hollywood.
The soundtrack to the drama flick will be released on December 18 via Nonesuch Records. The lead tracks 'Henry Plainview' and 'Proven Lands' sampled from Greenwood's BBC-commissioned 'Popcorn Superhet Receiver' orchestral piece.
"It was all about the underlying menace in the film, the greed, and that against the f**ked-up, oppressive, religious mood," Greenwood said about the score.
Meanwhile, the movie that was adapted from Upton Sinclair's book titled 'Oil!', will hit U.S. theaters on December 26.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'