Radiohead's Guitarist Hailed for an Oscar?
With Oscar season coming out around the corner, more and more acts are being tipped to be one of the nominees. Radiohead's guitarist, Jonny Greenwood, is one of them.
The British musician is in close possibility to bring home an Academy Award for his contribution in Paul Thomas Anderson's latest film, 'There Will Be Blood'. He is credited in the musical score that is described by a movie industry insider as "menacing and difficult to listen" but being loved by Hollywood.
The soundtrack to the drama flick will be released on December 18 via Nonesuch Records. The lead tracks 'Henry Plainview' and 'Proven Lands' sampled from Greenwood's BBC-commissioned 'Popcorn Superhet Receiver' orchestral piece.
"It was all about the underlying menace in the film, the greed, and that against the f**ked-up, oppressive, religious mood," Greenwood said about the score.
Meanwhile, the movie that was adapted from Upton Sinclair's book titled 'Oil!', will hit U.S. theaters on December 26.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame