Radiohead's Guitarist Hailed for an Oscar?
With Oscar season coming out around the corner, more and more acts are being tipped to be one of the nominees. Radiohead's guitarist, Jonny Greenwood, is one of them.
The British musician is in close possibility to bring home an Academy Award for his contribution in Paul Thomas Anderson's latest film, 'There Will Be Blood'. He is credited in the musical score that is described by a movie industry insider as "menacing and difficult to listen" but being loved by Hollywood.
The soundtrack to the drama flick will be released on December 18 via Nonesuch Records. The lead tracks 'Henry Plainview' and 'Proven Lands' sampled from Greenwood's BBC-commissioned 'Popcorn Superhet Receiver' orchestral piece.
"It was all about the underlying menace in the film, the greed, and that against the f**ked-up, oppressive, religious mood," Greenwood said about the score.
Meanwhile, the movie that was adapted from Upton Sinclair's book titled 'Oil!', will hit U.S. theaters on December 26.
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere