Radiohead's Guitarist Hailed for an Oscar?
With Oscar season coming out around the corner, more and more acts are being tipped to be one of the nominees. Radiohead's guitarist, Jonny Greenwood, is one of them.
The British musician is in close possibility to bring home an Academy Award for his contribution in Paul Thomas Anderson's latest film, 'There Will Be Blood'. He is credited in the musical score that is described by a movie industry insider as "menacing and difficult to listen" but being loved by Hollywood.
The soundtrack to the drama flick will be released on December 18 via Nonesuch Records. The lead tracks 'Henry Plainview' and 'Proven Lands' sampled from Greenwood's BBC-commissioned 'Popcorn Superhet Receiver' orchestral piece.
"It was all about the underlying menace in the film, the greed, and that against the f**ked-up, oppressive, religious mood," Greenwood said about the score.
Meanwhile, the movie that was adapted from Upton Sinclair's book titled 'Oil!', will hit U.S. theaters on December 26.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism