Radiohead's Guitarist Hailed for an Oscar?
With Oscar season coming out around the corner, more and more acts are being tipped to be one of the nominees. Radiohead's guitarist, Jonny Greenwood, is one of them.
The British musician is in close possibility to bring home an Academy Award for his contribution in Paul Thomas Anderson's latest film, 'There Will Be Blood'. He is credited in the musical score that is described by a movie industry insider as "menacing and difficult to listen" but being loved by Hollywood.
The soundtrack to the drama flick will be released on December 18 via Nonesuch Records. The lead tracks 'Henry Plainview' and 'Proven Lands' sampled from Greenwood's BBC-commissioned 'Popcorn Superhet Receiver' orchestral piece.
"It was all about the underlying menace in the film, the greed, and that against the f**ked-up, oppressive, religious mood," Greenwood said about the score.
Meanwhile, the movie that was adapted from Upton Sinclair's book titled 'Oil!', will hit U.S. theaters on December 26.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo