Too 'Hot' Ne-Yo Dropped From R. Kelly's Tour
Ne-Yo is yanked out of R.Kelly's 'Double Up' tour. A rep from Kelly's camp said that it was between both artists' managements and none is to be misunderstood as personal friction. Ne-Yo apparently disagrees with this.
Ne-Yo, who is dropped as Kelly's supporting act after only two performances, received the news through his rep on Monday (November 19) night. "I am disappointed that I won't be able to perform for my fans," he said in a statement from Def Jam.
"I love being on stage in front of fans because of the immediate feedback you get. You know right away if they are feeling you; and they were really feeling our show."
As much as their teams want to protect their reputation, Ne-Yo can't help to gush out what he believes is the real reason. "Let them (Jive) tell it, I was removed from the R. Kelly tour because of contractual agreements not being met, but that's absolutely false," he told BET.com.
"I believe it was because the first few reviews of the show, people were talking more about my set than his and I don't think he liked that too much."
Kelly's other supports, Keyshia Cole and J. Holiday, are to proceed with the tour that will run through January next year. Ne-Yo meanwhile, will continue with his multi-city tour for Ronald McDonald Charities' World's Children's Day.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly