Too 'Hot' Ne-Yo Dropped From R. Kelly's Tour
Ne-Yo is yanked out of R.Kelly's 'Double Up' tour. A rep from Kelly's camp said that it was between both artists' managements and none is to be misunderstood as personal friction. Ne-Yo apparently disagrees with this.
Ne-Yo, who is dropped as Kelly's supporting act after only two performances, received the news through his rep on Monday (November 19) night. "I am disappointed that I won't be able to perform for my fans," he said in a statement from Def Jam.
"I love being on stage in front of fans because of the immediate feedback you get. You know right away if they are feeling you; and they were really feeling our show."
As much as their teams want to protect their reputation, Ne-Yo can't help to gush out what he believes is the real reason. "Let them (Jive) tell it, I was removed from the R. Kelly tour because of contractual agreements not being met, but that's absolutely false," he told BET.com.
"I believe it was because the first few reviews of the show, people were talking more about my set than his and I don't think he liked that too much."
Kelly's other supports, Keyshia Cole and J. Holiday, are to proceed with the tour that will run through January next year. Ne-Yo meanwhile, will continue with his multi-city tour for Ronald McDonald Charities' World's Children's Day.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'