Aussie Rock Act Wolfmother Working on Second Album
Hard rock band Wolfmother are back in the studio to work on the follow up of their Grammy-winning 2005 album. If the work goes smoothly, a new record should be out as early as next year.
"It's kind of cinematic, and it's kind of epic," vocalist Andrew Stockdale described the sound. "But there's also this fully-aggressive side that's undeniably explosive."
The progress they are in? 10 songs definitely making the cut but no producer. Stockdale added that the band likes to scrutinize at one song and make some changes to it rather than "write thousands of songs" only to make a waste.
The album was written partly in Brisbane, Australia and Byron Bay. One of the ready tracks is 'Back Home' that becomes Stockdale's favorite.
As of the empty producer slot, Stockdale may want to accept the offer from will.i.am. The Black Eyed Peas member revealed last month, "I'd like to produce some songs for Wolfmother, yeah that would be dope."
The band first emerged in media attention after penning the single 'Woman' from their self-titled debut. The single was eventually named Best Hard Rock Performance at 2007 Grammy Awards.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs