Paul Oakenfold Revamping Britney Spears' 'Gimme More'
Paul Oakenfold has made a reconstruction on Britney Spears' comeback hit, 'Gimme More'. The British DJ loves the song but does not think it will be strong enough for a head banger in U.K. clubs and some major U.S. dance floors.
"I think the record is a f**king great record. I think it's so on the mark with what's going on in the clubs today," he told Billboard. "But the tempo wasn't right for Europe and the main dance floors in America, so I got rid of the crap on it which I didn't think worked, speeded it up and gave it more structure and arrangement and more of a heavier club feel."
He also added that Britney's chaotic personal life should not be used against her. "I think when people are going through a hard time, that's when people should come and support them rather than slag them off. I don't know why people have to be like that," he said.
Oakenfold has previously remixed several hits ranging from Led Zeppelin's 'Baby I'm Gonna Leave You' to Bjork's 'Pagan Poetry'. Meanwhile, 'Gimme More' has received a huge number of remixes since its release. Among some comes from Paul van Dyk, Lil Mama and Lil' Kim.
The alleged remix version from Oakenfold has been leaked on YouTube.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences