Paul Oakenfold Revamping Britney Spears' 'Gimme More'
Paul Oakenfold has made a reconstruction on Britney Spears' comeback hit, 'Gimme More'. The British DJ loves the song but does not think it will be strong enough for a head banger in U.K. clubs and some major U.S. dance floors.
"I think the record is a f**king great record. I think it's so on the mark with what's going on in the clubs today," he told Billboard. "But the tempo wasn't right for Europe and the main dance floors in America, so I got rid of the crap on it which I didn't think worked, speeded it up and gave it more structure and arrangement and more of a heavier club feel."
He also added that Britney's chaotic personal life should not be used against her. "I think when people are going through a hard time, that's when people should come and support them rather than slag them off. I don't know why people have to be like that," he said.
Oakenfold has previously remixed several hits ranging from Led Zeppelin's 'Baby I'm Gonna Leave You' to Bjork's 'Pagan Poetry'. Meanwhile, 'Gimme More' has received a huge number of remixes since its release. Among some comes from Paul van Dyk, Lil Mama and Lil' Kim.
The alleged remix version from Oakenfold has been leaked on YouTube.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says