Paul Oakenfold Revamping Britney Spears' 'Gimme More'
Paul Oakenfold has made a reconstruction on Britney Spears' comeback hit, 'Gimme More'. The British DJ loves the song but does not think it will be strong enough for a head banger in U.K. clubs and some major U.S. dance floors.
"I think the record is a f**king great record. I think it's so on the mark with what's going on in the clubs today," he told Billboard. "But the tempo wasn't right for Europe and the main dance floors in America, so I got rid of the crap on it which I didn't think worked, speeded it up and gave it more structure and arrangement and more of a heavier club feel."
He also added that Britney's chaotic personal life should not be used against her. "I think when people are going through a hard time, that's when people should come and support them rather than slag them off. I don't know why people have to be like that," he said.
Oakenfold has previously remixed several hits ranging from Led Zeppelin's 'Baby I'm Gonna Leave You' to Bjork's 'Pagan Poetry'. Meanwhile, 'Gimme More' has received a huge number of remixes since its release. Among some comes from Paul van Dyk, Lil Mama and Lil' Kim.
The alleged remix version from Oakenfold has been leaked on YouTube.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season