Paul Oakenfold Revamping Britney Spears' 'Gimme More'
Paul Oakenfold has made a reconstruction on Britney Spears' comeback hit, 'Gimme More'. The British DJ loves the song but does not think it will be strong enough for a head banger in U.K. clubs and some major U.S. dance floors.
"I think the record is a f**king great record. I think it's so on the mark with what's going on in the clubs today," he told Billboard. "But the tempo wasn't right for Europe and the main dance floors in America, so I got rid of the crap on it which I didn't think worked, speeded it up and gave it more structure and arrangement and more of a heavier club feel."
He also added that Britney's chaotic personal life should not be used against her. "I think when people are going through a hard time, that's when people should come and support them rather than slag them off. I don't know why people have to be like that," he said.
Oakenfold has previously remixed several hits ranging from Led Zeppelin's 'Baby I'm Gonna Leave You' to Bjork's 'Pagan Poetry'. Meanwhile, 'Gimme More' has received a huge number of remixes since its release. Among some comes from Paul van Dyk, Lil Mama and Lil' Kim.
The alleged remix version from Oakenfold has been leaked on YouTube.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video