J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Finds Its Sarek in Ben Cross
After the mother, here comes the father. StarTrek.com has confirmed that producers of the highly-anticipated "Star Trek" have just picked up Ben Cross to play Sarek, the Vulcan father of Spock following the casting of Winona Ryder as Spock's mother Amanda Grayson.
A graduate of London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, Cross shot to worldwide fame through his performance as runner Harold Abrahams in the Oscar-winning 1981 feature "Chariots of Fire." The British thesp next will be seen in the upcoming action flick "Hero Wanted" which Brian Smrz directs for Screen Gems.
Meanwhile, Sarek is described as a Vulcan ambassador to the United Federation of Planets, previously played by Mark Lenard in "Star Trek: The Original Series." Prior to her marriage to Grayson, Sarek was known to be involved with a Vulcan priestess named T'Rea who bore him his first son, Sybok, in 2224.
More Star Trek News
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit