J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Finds Its Sarek in Ben Cross
After the mother, here comes the father. StarTrek.com has confirmed that producers of the highly-anticipated "Star Trek" have just picked up Ben Cross to play Sarek, the Vulcan father of Spock following the casting of Winona Ryder as Spock's mother Amanda Grayson.
A graduate of London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, Cross shot to worldwide fame through his performance as runner Harold Abrahams in the Oscar-winning 1981 feature "Chariots of Fire." The British thesp next will be seen in the upcoming action flick "Hero Wanted" which Brian Smrz directs for Screen Gems.
Meanwhile, Sarek is described as a Vulcan ambassador to the United Federation of Planets, previously played by Mark Lenard in "Star Trek: The Original Series." Prior to her marriage to Grayson, Sarek was known to be involved with a Vulcan priestess named T'Rea who bore him his first son, Sybok, in 2224.
More Star Trek News
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle