J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Finds Its Sarek in Ben Cross
After the mother, here comes the father. StarTrek.com has confirmed that producers of the highly-anticipated "Star Trek" have just picked up Ben Cross to play Sarek, the Vulcan father of Spock following the casting of Winona Ryder as Spock's mother Amanda Grayson.
A graduate of London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, Cross shot to worldwide fame through his performance as runner Harold Abrahams in the Oscar-winning 1981 feature "Chariots of Fire." The British thesp next will be seen in the upcoming action flick "Hero Wanted" which Brian Smrz directs for Screen Gems.
Meanwhile, Sarek is described as a Vulcan ambassador to the United Federation of Planets, previously played by Mark Lenard in "Star Trek: The Original Series." Prior to her marriage to Grayson, Sarek was known to be involved with a Vulcan priestess named T'Rea who bore him his first son, Sybok, in 2224.
More Star Trek News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular