J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Finds Its Sarek in Ben Cross
After the mother, here comes the father. StarTrek.com has confirmed that producers of the highly-anticipated "Star Trek" have just picked up Ben Cross to play Sarek, the Vulcan father of Spock following the casting of Winona Ryder as Spock's mother Amanda Grayson.
A graduate of London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, Cross shot to worldwide fame through his performance as runner Harold Abrahams in the Oscar-winning 1981 feature "Chariots of Fire." The British thesp next will be seen in the upcoming action flick "Hero Wanted" which Brian Smrz directs for Screen Gems.
Meanwhile, Sarek is described as a Vulcan ambassador to the United Federation of Planets, previously played by Mark Lenard in "Star Trek: The Original Series." Prior to her marriage to Grayson, Sarek was known to be involved with a Vulcan priestess named T'Rea who bore him his first son, Sybok, in 2224.
More Star Trek News
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order