J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Finds Its Sarek in Ben Cross
After the mother, here comes the father. StarTrek.com has confirmed that producers of the highly-anticipated "Star Trek" have just picked up Ben Cross to play Sarek, the Vulcan father of Spock following the casting of Winona Ryder as Spock's mother Amanda Grayson.
A graduate of London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, Cross shot to worldwide fame through his performance as runner Harold Abrahams in the Oscar-winning 1981 feature "Chariots of Fire." The British thesp next will be seen in the upcoming action flick "Hero Wanted" which Brian Smrz directs for Screen Gems.
Meanwhile, Sarek is described as a Vulcan ambassador to the United Federation of Planets, previously played by Mark Lenard in "Star Trek: The Original Series." Prior to her marriage to Grayson, Sarek was known to be involved with a Vulcan priestess named T'Rea who bore him his first son, Sybok, in 2224.
More Star Trek News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?