A Memorial Service for Kanye West's Mother Has Been Set
With her autopsy has been performed by Tuesday November 13th with results will not be released until toxicology reports are finished, which will be in 6 to 8 weeks, the memorial service for the late Dr. Donda West has been arranged. According to report by People, Kanye West's mother will be remembered Friday November 16th in a memorial service at Chicago State University, where she's been a member for 24 years.
Kanye reportedly will not attend the ceremony. Donda West's nephew will represent the family instead.
"She had a vibrant spirit and one that was nurturing and also supportive but nonetheless always challenging," Robyn Wheeler, director of university relations, said about Donda. "We felt the service should reflect who she really was."
Kanye who's very close to his mother surely is still in the deepest mourning of grieve. The rap star has pulled out of a performance at the annual Victoria's Secret fashion show taped Thursday November 15th and will air on CBS December 4th later this year.
Black Eyed Peas singer will.i.am, who's a friend of Kanye, has agreed to fill in his slot and as a tribute to the star's mom will perform his hit song "I Got It From My Mama" while at the same time also is expected to say a few words about Donda West.
Dr. Donda West passed away in Los Angeles on Saturday night November 10th. She was 58. Preliminary indication suggested that she died of cosmetic surgical complications. Investigation is still ongoing with Jan Adams, the doctor who performed surgery on Donda, as the only target so far.
More Kanye West News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease