People Gave Sexiest Man Alive Matt Damon the Ego Boost of a Lifetime
No stranger to accolades, Matt Damon is turning up the heat with his being handed the year's most prestigious honor of People's "Sexiest Man Alive," thus making him the 22nd recipient of the magazine's sexy title. Concerning his newly-attached title, the Oscar winning actor will grace the cover of the special double issue of the magazine which will hit stands by Friday November 16th.
"George Clooney and Brad Pitt have shamelessly campaigned for him since 2001, but all it takes is one look at Damon's piercing blue eyes, crooked smile and family-guy demeanor to understand why he has been chosen," the magazine said in a statement.
Damon himself initially opted to pass on the title as he thinks "it would mean some extra unwanted attention on my little ones," and "I just don't think I'd be much fun." Besides, "At the risk of being forward, if you asked me (which you didn't) I would suggest Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for this award. He's like a taller, better-looking version of me anyway. Plus, he's the best quarterback in the history of football."
At last decided to accept the honor, Damon said "I can't thank you enough. You gave an aging suburban dad the ego boost of a lifetime."
Also on People's list of the Sexiest Men Alive 2007 are Patrick Dempsey, Ryan Reynolds, Brad Pitt, James McAvoy, Johnny Depp, Dave Annable, Will Smith, Javier Bardem, Shemar Moore, Ben Affleck, Adrian Grenier, Will Yun Lee and Justin Timberlake.
Visit People.com to read what the publication says about each of its Sexiest Men.
More Matt Damon News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy