Ellen Pompeo Quietly Weds Fiance in New York
Ellen Pompeo has put an end to her single life as she's married her music producer fiance Christopher Ivery in a low key ceremony Friday November 9th at New York's City Hall.
The actress' father, Joseph Pompeo, confirmed the good news to People, saying "I'm very happy for her" adding that his daughter "just didn't want a big thing."
The low-key ceremony lasted just a few minutes and was conducted by a city clerk with Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a fellow Boston-area native, and First Deputy Mayor Patti Harris served as the couple's witnesses and were the only people present for the civil vow swap.
Ellen and Ivery first met in a Los Angeles grocery store in 2003 and began dating about six months later. The couple became engaged last November after dating for three years. This is the first marriage for both parties.
Meanwhile, the newlyweds were spotted Sunday night November 11th celebrating courtside at a Knicks game at Madison Square Garden. Ellen, best known for playing the title role of Meredith Grey on the ABC medical drama "Grey's Anatomy," was then seen back to Hollywood filming the hit TV series which is expected to shut down soon because of the writers' strike.
More Ellen Pompeo News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake