Ellen Pompeo Quietly Weds Fiance in New York
Ellen Pompeo has put an end to her single life as she's married her music producer fiance Christopher Ivery in a low key ceremony Friday November 9th at New York's City Hall.
The actress' father, Joseph Pompeo, confirmed the good news to People, saying "I'm very happy for her" adding that his daughter "just didn't want a big thing."
The low-key ceremony lasted just a few minutes and was conducted by a city clerk with Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a fellow Boston-area native, and First Deputy Mayor Patti Harris served as the couple's witnesses and were the only people present for the civil vow swap.
Ellen and Ivery first met in a Los Angeles grocery store in 2003 and began dating about six months later. The couple became engaged last November after dating for three years. This is the first marriage for both parties.
Meanwhile, the newlyweds were spotted Sunday night November 11th celebrating courtside at a Knicks game at Madison Square Garden. Ellen, best known for playing the title role of Meredith Grey on the ABC medical drama "Grey's Anatomy," was then seen back to Hollywood filming the hit TV series which is expected to shut down soon because of the writers' strike.
More Ellen Pompeo News
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds