Ellen Pompeo Quietly Weds Fiance in New York
Ellen Pompeo has put an end to her single life as she's married her music producer fiance Christopher Ivery in a low key ceremony Friday November 9th at New York's City Hall.
The actress' father, Joseph Pompeo, confirmed the good news to People, saying "I'm very happy for her" adding that his daughter "just didn't want a big thing."
The low-key ceremony lasted just a few minutes and was conducted by a city clerk with Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a fellow Boston-area native, and First Deputy Mayor Patti Harris served as the couple's witnesses and were the only people present for the civil vow swap.
Ellen and Ivery first met in a Los Angeles grocery store in 2003 and began dating about six months later. The couple became engaged last November after dating for three years. This is the first marriage for both parties.
Meanwhile, the newlyweds were spotted Sunday night November 11th celebrating courtside at a Knicks game at Madison Square Garden. Ellen, best known for playing the title role of Meredith Grey on the ABC medical drama "Grey's Anatomy," was then seen back to Hollywood filming the hit TV series which is expected to shut down soon because of the writers' strike.
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards