Ellen Pompeo Quietly Weds Fiance in New York
Ellen Pompeo has put an end to her single life as she's married her music producer fiance Christopher Ivery in a low key ceremony Friday November 9th at New York's City Hall.
The actress' father, Joseph Pompeo, confirmed the good news to People, saying "I'm very happy for her" adding that his daughter "just didn't want a big thing."
The low-key ceremony lasted just a few minutes and was conducted by a city clerk with Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a fellow Boston-area native, and First Deputy Mayor Patti Harris served as the couple's witnesses and were the only people present for the civil vow swap.
Ellen and Ivery first met in a Los Angeles grocery store in 2003 and began dating about six months later. The couple became engaged last November after dating for three years. This is the first marriage for both parties.
Meanwhile, the newlyweds were spotted Sunday night November 11th celebrating courtside at a Knicks game at Madison Square Garden. Ellen, best known for playing the title role of Meredith Grey on the ABC medical drama "Grey's Anatomy," was then seen back to Hollywood filming the hit TV series which is expected to shut down soon because of the writers' strike.
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!