Michael Jordan Agrees on $168 Million Divorce Settlement
Widely considered as one of the greatest basketball players of all time, he was among the most effectively marketed athletes of his generation and was instrumental in popularizing the NBA (National Basketball Association) around the world in the 1980s and 1990s. No stranger to setting records on the basketball court, Michael Jordan is racking up another record which he, one thing for sure, won't be feeling happy about as it's been announced that he will be paying an estimated $168 million to estranged wife Juanita Vanoy Jordan now that their divorce is nearly finalized.
In addition to the $168 million, Juanita who's now romantically linked to a banker 20 years younger than herself, will also get their seven-acre estate in Chicago, as well as custody of their three kids; Jeffrey Michael, Marcus James, and Jasmine Mickael.
Jordan and Juanita first met on a blind date in 1984. Both of them got married in September 1989. They filed for divorce on January 4, 2002, citing irreconcilable differences, but reconciled shortly thereafter. On December 29th last year they filed for divorce again, claimed the decision as "mutually and amicably".
According to the prenuptial agreement both parties had signed, Juanita will be entitled to half of Michael's fortune and the $168 million is only a third of his wealth. Such amount of money, in fact, had bring the estranged couple to top such famous names, as Neil Diamond, Steven Spielberg, and Harrison Ford, to have their divorce listed as Forbes.com's 1st Most Expensive Celebrity Divorce by April this year.
More Michael Jordan News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics