Actress Found for Lavender Brown Role in Harry Potter 6
From thousands of hopefuls, a single name has finally been picked up for the role of Lavender Brown in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince."
Report from CBBC Newsround stated that the coveted part was secured by 20-year-old Jessie Cave yet it is not known whether she was cast through the open casting call or separate audition. A newcomer in film industry, Cave so far only has one acting credit in her resume as Stella in CBBC's upcoming made-for-TV drama feature "Summerhill."
As for the character, Lavender Brown is a Gryffindor student in Harry Potter's year and a close friend of housemate Parvati Patil. In "Half-Blood Prince", she begins dating Ron Weasley, whom she gives a tacky nickname of "Won-Won." Though Ron himself is not particularly amorous of Lavender, he insists to maintain the relationship in order to instill jealousy in Hermione Granger.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!