Jay-Z Paid Respect to Kanye West's Mom During Encore
Still in the mourning for the loss of Kanye West's mother Dr. Donda West, rapper Jay-Z showed some respect during his New York gig on Sunday, November 11. Towards the end of his show, Jay-Z asked the audience to have a moment of silence in memory of Kanye's mom.
"Let's get serious for a minute," Jay-Z said. "This show is dedicated to Kanye West who had a death in the family. We got you, Kanye. Stay strong."
Jay also shared the good values of Donda West, saying "She was a mother to everybody. We all came in the crib and she fed us when we had nothin', when there was no record deals. She brought us in. She was a mother for a community, and a mother for one of Chicago's greatest heroes."
Donda West suddenly passed away on Saturday, November 10 in a Los Angeles hospital. The preliminary Cause of Death is now pointed to "complications from a cosmetic surgical procedure", reportedly a tummy tuck that she took earlier this year.
The gig was part of Jay-Z's tour to support his latest effort 'American Gangster' that has been released on November 6. He ended the small round on Monday (November 12) and is expected to announce a full-scale one.
More Jay-Z News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media