Jay-Z Paid Respect to Kanye West's Mom During Encore
Still in the mourning for the loss of Kanye West's mother Dr. Donda West, rapper Jay-Z showed some respect during his New York gig on Sunday, November 11. Towards the end of his show, Jay-Z asked the audience to have a moment of silence in memory of Kanye's mom.
"Let's get serious for a minute," Jay-Z said. "This show is dedicated to Kanye West who had a death in the family. We got you, Kanye. Stay strong."
Jay also shared the good values of Donda West, saying "She was a mother to everybody. We all came in the crib and she fed us when we had nothin', when there was no record deals. She brought us in. She was a mother for a community, and a mother for one of Chicago's greatest heroes."
Donda West suddenly passed away on Saturday, November 10 in a Los Angeles hospital. The preliminary Cause of Death is now pointed to "complications from a cosmetic surgical procedure", reportedly a tummy tuck that she took earlier this year.
The gig was part of Jay-Z's tour to support his latest effort 'American Gangster' that has been released on November 6. He ended the small round on Monday (November 12) and is expected to announce a full-scale one.
More Jay-Z News
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip