Jay-Z Paid Respect to Kanye West's Mom During Encore
Still in the mourning for the loss of Kanye West's mother Dr. Donda West, rapper Jay-Z showed some respect during his New York gig on Sunday, November 11. Towards the end of his show, Jay-Z asked the audience to have a moment of silence in memory of Kanye's mom.
"Let's get serious for a minute," Jay-Z said. "This show is dedicated to Kanye West who had a death in the family. We got you, Kanye. Stay strong."
Jay also shared the good values of Donda West, saying "She was a mother to everybody. We all came in the crib and she fed us when we had nothin', when there was no record deals. She brought us in. She was a mother for a community, and a mother for one of Chicago's greatest heroes."
Donda West suddenly passed away on Saturday, November 10 in a Los Angeles hospital. The preliminary Cause of Death is now pointed to "complications from a cosmetic surgical procedure", reportedly a tummy tuck that she took earlier this year.
The gig was part of Jay-Z's tour to support his latest effort 'American Gangster' that has been released on November 6. He ended the small round on Monday (November 12) and is expected to announce a full-scale one.
More Jay-Z News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell