Jay-Z Paid Respect to Kanye West's Mom During Encore
Still in the mourning for the loss of Kanye West's mother Dr. Donda West, rapper Jay-Z showed some respect during his New York gig on Sunday, November 11. Towards the end of his show, Jay-Z asked the audience to have a moment of silence in memory of Kanye's mom.
"Let's get serious for a minute," Jay-Z said. "This show is dedicated to Kanye West who had a death in the family. We got you, Kanye. Stay strong."
Jay also shared the good values of Donda West, saying "She was a mother to everybody. We all came in the crib and she fed us when we had nothin', when there was no record deals. She brought us in. She was a mother for a community, and a mother for one of Chicago's greatest heroes."
Donda West suddenly passed away on Saturday, November 10 in a Los Angeles hospital. The preliminary Cause of Death is now pointed to "complications from a cosmetic surgical procedure", reportedly a tummy tuck that she took earlier this year.
The gig was part of Jay-Z's tour to support his latest effort 'American Gangster' that has been released on November 6. He ended the small round on Monday (November 12) and is expected to announce a full-scale one.
More Jay-Z News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture