Jay-Z Paid Respect to Kanye West's Mom During Encore
Still in the mourning for the loss of Kanye West's mother Dr. Donda West, rapper Jay-Z showed some respect during his New York gig on Sunday, November 11. Towards the end of his show, Jay-Z asked the audience to have a moment of silence in memory of Kanye's mom.
"Let's get serious for a minute," Jay-Z said. "This show is dedicated to Kanye West who had a death in the family. We got you, Kanye. Stay strong."
Jay also shared the good values of Donda West, saying "She was a mother to everybody. We all came in the crib and she fed us when we had nothin', when there was no record deals. She brought us in. She was a mother for a community, and a mother for one of Chicago's greatest heroes."
Donda West suddenly passed away on Saturday, November 10 in a Los Angeles hospital. The preliminary Cause of Death is now pointed to "complications from a cosmetic surgical procedure", reportedly a tummy tuck that she took earlier this year.
The gig was part of Jay-Z's tour to support his latest effort 'American Gangster' that has been released on November 6. He ended the small round on Monday (November 12) and is expected to announce a full-scale one.
More Jay-Z News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce