Bee Movie Takes Honey from American Gangster
Major change marked the domestic weekend box office running November 9-11, 2007 as last week's runner-up "Bee Movie" surprisingly toppled down last week's champ "American Gangster" to become the new No.1 movie of the chart in its second spin.
The CGI animated feature packed in family crowds to pull in $25.6 million while the crime saga fared slightly lower at $24 million in ticket sales. The twosome, in the meantime, prevented newcomers "Fred Claus" and "Lions for Lambs" to go no further than the third and fourth rank, respectively as "Claus" took in $18.5 million while "Lambs" $6.7 million.
On number five, there seated Touchstone Pictures' comedy "Dan in Real Life" for a decent tally of $6 million followed by horror flick "Saw IV" which scared up another $4.95 million into its sixth-place feedbag. Disney's family pic "The Game Plan" came behind after managing to add $2.5 million to lift its total to $85.5 million.
Elsewhere, the eighth spot went to vampire feat "30 Days of Night" with a fair number of $2.2 million. Another new release "P2" and New Line Cinema-released "Martian Child" popped up next to round out the top ten of the list for respective income of $2.1 million and $1.8 million. Check out U.S. Box Office page at AceShowbiz to view the rest ten titles making up the top twenty.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show