Bee Movie Takes Honey from American Gangster
Major change marked the domestic weekend box office running November 9-11, 2007 as last week's runner-up "Bee Movie" surprisingly toppled down last week's champ "American Gangster" to become the new No.1 movie of the chart in its second spin.
The CGI animated feature packed in family crowds to pull in $25.6 million while the crime saga fared slightly lower at $24 million in ticket sales. The twosome, in the meantime, prevented newcomers "Fred Claus" and "Lions for Lambs" to go no further than the third and fourth rank, respectively as "Claus" took in $18.5 million while "Lambs" $6.7 million.
On number five, there seated Touchstone Pictures' comedy "Dan in Real Life" for a decent tally of $6 million followed by horror flick "Saw IV" which scared up another $4.95 million into its sixth-place feedbag. Disney's family pic "The Game Plan" came behind after managing to add $2.5 million to lift its total to $85.5 million.
Elsewhere, the eighth spot went to vampire feat "30 Days of Night" with a fair number of $2.2 million. Another new release "P2" and New Line Cinema-released "Martian Child" popped up next to round out the top ten of the list for respective income of $2.1 million and $1.8 million. Check out U.S. Box Office page at AceShowbiz to view the rest ten titles making up the top twenty.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?