Mark Wahlberg to Topline Max Payne Movie
On his way to get involved in gun-banging action once again after "Shooter", Mark Wahlberg is currently in negotiations to assume the titular role in 20th Century Fox's new film project "Max Payne", Variety has reported.
A live-action adaptation of the bestselling Rockstar video game, pic finds Payne as a cop who is haunted by the tragic loss of his family and has little regard for rules as he investigates a series of mysterious murders. He, however, later finds himself up against an adversary bent on destroying him and the streets he protects.
If deals are signed, Wahlberg will likely make the movie after he completes filming for Peter Jackson-helmed "The Lovely Bones." Shooting is due to begin early next year under the direction of John Moore, who is slated to carry out the task from script penned by Beau Thorne. Serving as producers will be Scott Faye and Julie Yorn of Firm Films.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App