Mark Wahlberg to Topline Max Payne Movie
On his way to get involved in gun-banging action once again after "Shooter", Mark Wahlberg is currently in negotiations to assume the titular role in 20th Century Fox's new film project "Max Payne", Variety has reported.
A live-action adaptation of the bestselling Rockstar video game, pic finds Payne as a cop who is haunted by the tragic loss of his family and has little regard for rules as he investigates a series of mysterious murders. He, however, later finds himself up against an adversary bent on destroying him and the streets he protects.
If deals are signed, Wahlberg will likely make the movie after he completes filming for Peter Jackson-helmed "The Lovely Bones." Shooting is due to begin early next year under the direction of John Moore, who is slated to carry out the task from script penned by Beau Thorne. Serving as producers will be Scott Faye and Julie Yorn of Firm Films.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date