Mark Wahlberg to Topline Max Payne Movie
On his way to get involved in gun-banging action once again after "Shooter", Mark Wahlberg is currently in negotiations to assume the titular role in 20th Century Fox's new film project "Max Payne", Variety has reported.
A live-action adaptation of the bestselling Rockstar video game, pic finds Payne as a cop who is haunted by the tragic loss of his family and has little regard for rules as he investigates a series of mysterious murders. He, however, later finds himself up against an adversary bent on destroying him and the streets he protects.
If deals are signed, Wahlberg will likely make the movie after he completes filming for Peter Jackson-helmed "The Lovely Bones." Shooting is due to begin early next year under the direction of John Moore, who is slated to carry out the task from script penned by Beau Thorne. Serving as producers will be Scott Faye and Julie Yorn of Firm Films.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs