Mark Wahlberg to Topline Max Payne Movie
On his way to get involved in gun-banging action once again after "Shooter", Mark Wahlberg is currently in negotiations to assume the titular role in 20th Century Fox's new film project "Max Payne", Variety has reported.
A live-action adaptation of the bestselling Rockstar video game, pic finds Payne as a cop who is haunted by the tragic loss of his family and has little regard for rules as he investigates a series of mysterious murders. He, however, later finds himself up against an adversary bent on destroying him and the streets he protects.
If deals are signed, Wahlberg will likely make the movie after he completes filming for Peter Jackson-helmed "The Lovely Bones." Shooting is due to begin early next year under the direction of John Moore, who is slated to carry out the task from script penned by Beau Thorne. Serving as producers will be Scott Faye and Julie Yorn of Firm Films.
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer