Mark Wahlberg to Topline Max Payne Movie
On his way to get involved in gun-banging action once again after "Shooter", Mark Wahlberg is currently in negotiations to assume the titular role in 20th Century Fox's new film project "Max Payne", Variety has reported.
A live-action adaptation of the bestselling Rockstar video game, pic finds Payne as a cop who is haunted by the tragic loss of his family and has little regard for rules as he investigates a series of mysterious murders. He, however, later finds himself up against an adversary bent on destroying him and the streets he protects.
If deals are signed, Wahlberg will likely make the movie after he completes filming for Peter Jackson-helmed "The Lovely Bones." Shooting is due to begin early next year under the direction of John Moore, who is slated to carry out the task from script penned by Beau Thorne. Serving as producers will be Scott Faye and Julie Yorn of Firm Films.
- Katy Perry Calls on Taylor Swift to End Longtime Feud: 'It's Time for Her to Finish It'
- 'In Hysterics,' Ariana Grande Suspends World Tour After Terrorist Bombing at Manchester Gig
- Blake Lively Nearly Spills Out of Her Stunning Neon Gown at the Ballet
- Ariana Grande Is 'Broken' After Deadly Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Major Lazer Previews Travis Scott, Quavo and Camila Cabello Collaboration During Alabama Show
- Kourtney Kardashian Never Gets Serious With Younes Bendjima as He's Just Her Fling
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?