Star Trek Gets Winona Ryder and Rachel Nichols on Board
Though the entire bridge of the USS Enterprise has already been completed, there's still bit addition made into the cast apparently. Recent reports confirmed that Oscar nominee Winona Ryder and "P2" star Rachel Nichols are both poised to take part in "Star Trek", which "Lost" creator J.J. Abrams is set to direct.
Ryder is claimed by Variety to play the mother of Spock, Amanda Grayson, who is also the first human wife of Sarek. Grayson, as described by StarTrek.com, was "a schoolteacher from Earth who married the Vulcan diplomat Sarek and gave birth to Spock in 2230" and "reunited with her son when she accompanied her husband aboard the Enterprise during the Babel Conference in 2267."
Meanwhile, confirmation of Nichols' inclusion in the highly-anticipated project has been brought by the Toronto Sun when the paper caught up with the beauty to discuss "P2." What role she is billed to portray, however, is being kept secret as the actress herself pointed out.
"I'm very restricted on what I'm allowed to say," so she said. "But yes, there's a good chance you'll see my shining face in the new Star Trek ... My mom even e-mailed me about it because she saw it (online) and I hadn't told her yet. There's a lot of buzz about it, but honestly, I don't even know the name of my character."
In related tidbit about the movie, IESB.net claims to have received confirmation from Jennifer Morrison's management company and Chris Hemsworth's representatives that the two actors have been cast in the flick as well. Same as Nichols' case, Morrison's role is being kept under wrap while Hemsworth, on the other hand, is said to play James T. Kirk's father.
More Star Trek News
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years