Celebrities Turned Lunchbox Designers to Fight Hunger in New York City and South Africa
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and the spirit is everywhere. With Rick Ross planning for turkeys giveaway for families in the Miami community who are in need and T.I. withdraws request to host Thanksgiving day dinner with families while under house arrest, Kanye West has something else on his own. The rapper and record producer is teaming up with numbers of other celebrities to design lunch boxes for the hunger.
West is teaming up with the Beastie Boys and 100 other celebrities to design personalized lunchboxes which will be auctioned off online with the profit benefiting the non-profit hunger relief organizations; Food Bank For New York City and The Lunchbox Fund of South Africa.
"I'm honored to once again be a part of The Lunchbox Auction," said comedian Mike Myers who's one of the celebrity designers. "The Lunchbox Fund and Food Bank For New York City have created a wonderful way to raise money and awareness about hunger and poverty in South Africa and New York."
More about both organizations, The Food Bank For New York City is a major supplier of food for 1.3 million New Yorkers, whereas The Lunchbox Fund is a non-profit organization that provides lunch to school children in South Africa.
Other celebrity designers include Elton John, Yoko Ono, John Mayer, Gwyneth Paltrow, Zac Posen, and many more.
The lunch boxes, each of which will reflect the artist's personal expression and be individually numbered and signed. No two lunchboxes are alike.
The Lunchbox Auction will be kicked off December 7th at 12:00 AM during a star-studded, invitation only fundraiser party, hosted by R.E.M. front man Michael Stipe at Saatchi & Saatchi in New York. The auction will be conducted at thelunchboxauction.org and will run through December 21, 2007.
More Kanye West News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy