Guillermo del Toro Performs Triple Job for Champions
Though currently busy filming "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army", Guillermo del Toro apparently is still able to lay eyes on another film project. According to Variety, the Mexican filmmaker is about to write, direct, and produce "Champions", a sci-fi action feature from United Artists.
Project, a big screen version of the 1968-69 British TV series of the same name, thereby will mark a departure for del Toro, who is known for his work in comic-book adaptations such as "Hellboy" and "Blade II" or horror fare "The Devil's Backbone" and fantasies like "Pan's Labyrinth."
Meanwhile, story centers on a team of secret government agents who are rescued from a plane crash by an advanced civilization and given superhuman abilities. Rights to make the flick was optioned by UA from Granada Intl., which owns the ITC library, where the original series came from.
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head