Jessica Alba Heading for Broadway, to Star in David Mamet's "Speed-the-Plow"
Having seen such famous actors, as Jennifer Garner and Claire Danes, making their Broadway debut, its' just a matter of time to finally see our adorable movie beauty Jessica Alba doing her part on stage. The sexy actress is being courted to star in a Broadway revival of David Mamet's "Speed-the-Plow" in the spring, it has been reported.
Most recognized for her movie career but is having zero experience in case of stage play, in fact, doesn't prevent Broadway from wanting Alba.
"Speed-the-Plow" is described as a satirical dissection of the American movie business and was first performed by the Lincoln Center Theater at NYC's Royale Theater in 1988, with Madonna in the cast. The play, which was directed by Gregory Mosher, ran for a total of 279 performances and was nominated for Best Play.
And while there is "no word yet on who will play the two male leads, but there's talk that 'The Sopranos' stars James Gandolfini and Michael Imperioli are on the producers' wish list, with Gandolfini playing the brutal studio boss and Imperioli playing the desperate producer," wrote The NY Post.
More Jessica Alba News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl