mtvU Woodies Performers: Lupe Fiasco Confirmed, Amy Winehouse a Question Mark
Amy Winehouse who was denied a visa to U.S. last month, is now given a green light to enter the country. This has led to speculation that she will end making up for the cancelled performance at mtvU Woodies Awards which will be held tonight (November 8).
One thing for sure, Rilo Kiley and Lupe Fiasco have been confirmed to take the event's stage in New York City as the performers. Both will join the already announced Tokyo Police Club, The Academy Is... and Spank Rock.
Winehouse was not allowed to enter the States after 'mistakenly' signed up a $714 fine after caught in possession of marijuana while in Norwegia. She went through a formal interview at London's American Embassy to clear off the case.
A source said, "Amy is delighted. She made a real effort to look good and come across well in her interview because she really wanted to make a good impression. She's desperate to be able to tour the US, and there's even been talk of her and her and Blake looking for a house in Miami."
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now