Harry Potter 4 Maker Offered Helmer's Chair in Prince of Persia
It turns out that Michael Bay won't be the one taking care of Walt Disney Pictures' "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" despite the previous heavy publication. Variety has just revealed that an offer to assume the directing duties has been made to "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" helmer Mike Newell.
The site went on saying the man met Disney execs to discuss the project this week with negotiations being expected to begin shortly. The studio recently was learned to not race to get the flick into production until labor issues are resolved.
Newell, a British filmmaker of St Albans, Hertfordshire native, initially helmed various British TV shows before eventually taking full concentration in film direction in 1980, beginning with horror pic "The Awakening." His latest effort "Love in the Time of Cholera" opens in theaters this Friday, November 16, 2007.
As for the movie, "Prince of Persia" is a live-action adaptation of the popular third-person action adventure video game published by Ubisoft. The movie has already had a script by Jeffrey Nachmanoff and the game creator Jordan Mechner with Jerry Bruckheimer, Chad Oman, and Mike Stenson all producing.
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'