Harry Potter 4 Maker Offered Helmer's Chair in Prince of Persia
It turns out that Michael Bay won't be the one taking care of Walt Disney Pictures' "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" despite the previous heavy publication. Variety has just revealed that an offer to assume the directing duties has been made to "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" helmer Mike Newell.
The site went on saying the man met Disney execs to discuss the project this week with negotiations being expected to begin shortly. The studio recently was learned to not race to get the flick into production until labor issues are resolved.
Newell, a British filmmaker of St Albans, Hertfordshire native, initially helmed various British TV shows before eventually taking full concentration in film direction in 1980, beginning with horror pic "The Awakening." His latest effort "Love in the Time of Cholera" opens in theaters this Friday, November 16, 2007.
As for the movie, "Prince of Persia" is a live-action adaptation of the popular third-person action adventure video game published by Ubisoft. The movie has already had a script by Jeffrey Nachmanoff and the game creator Jordan Mechner with Jerry Bruckheimer, Chad Oman, and Mike Stenson all producing.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding