Jay-Z to Score Another #1 Album With 'American Gangster'?
Jay-Z's 'American Gangster' is the predicted top seller next week on Billboard Hot 200 chart. Nielsen SoundScan's Building Chart that was released yesterday (November 7) reported that 179,000 copies have been sold on the first day.
His number is followed by Chris Brown's 'Exclusive' (107,000), this week's chart reigner Eagles' 'Long Road Out of Eden' (89,000) and Garth Brooks' 'The Ultimate Hits' (61,000).
Should Jay-Z claimed the #1 spot when the final data is released on Wednesday (November 13), he will make a tie to the late Elvis Presley for having 10 albums peaking at the top position. In fact, Jay-Z's first day number is the third largest figure in the last three months.
Further down the line, other predicted top 10 albums include Angels & Airwaves' 'I-Empire' and Cassidy's 'B.A.R.S.: The Barry Adrian Reese Story'.
Meanwhile, Jay-Z has pulled 'American Gangster' that was inspired by a movie of the same name from iTunes Store. "As movies are not sold scene by scene, this collection will not be sold as individual singles," Jay reasoned. It will be available online in its entirety at Amazon.com, Rhapsody.com, and Rocafella.com.
Click here to watch Jay-Z's star-studded music video for 'Roc Boys (And The Winner Is...)'.
More Jay-Z News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars