Jay-Z to Score Another #1 Album With 'American Gangster'?
Jay-Z's 'American Gangster' is the predicted top seller next week on Billboard Hot 200 chart. Nielsen SoundScan's Building Chart that was released yesterday (November 7) reported that 179,000 copies have been sold on the first day.
His number is followed by Chris Brown's 'Exclusive' (107,000), this week's chart reigner Eagles' 'Long Road Out of Eden' (89,000) and Garth Brooks' 'The Ultimate Hits' (61,000).
Should Jay-Z claimed the #1 spot when the final data is released on Wednesday (November 13), he will make a tie to the late Elvis Presley for having 10 albums peaking at the top position. In fact, Jay-Z's first day number is the third largest figure in the last three months.
Further down the line, other predicted top 10 albums include Angels & Airwaves' 'I-Empire' and Cassidy's 'B.A.R.S.: The Barry Adrian Reese Story'.
Meanwhile, Jay-Z has pulled 'American Gangster' that was inspired by a movie of the same name from iTunes Store. "As movies are not sold scene by scene, this collection will not be sold as individual singles," Jay reasoned. It will be available online in its entirety at Amazon.com, Rhapsody.com, and Rocafella.com.
Click here to watch Jay-Z's star-studded music video for 'Roc Boys (And The Winner Is...)'.
More Jay-Z News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says