Jay-Z to Score Another #1 Album With 'American Gangster'?
Jay-Z's 'American Gangster' is the predicted top seller next week on Billboard Hot 200 chart. Nielsen SoundScan's Building Chart that was released yesterday (November 7) reported that 179,000 copies have been sold on the first day.
His number is followed by Chris Brown's 'Exclusive' (107,000), this week's chart reigner Eagles' 'Long Road Out of Eden' (89,000) and Garth Brooks' 'The Ultimate Hits' (61,000).
Should Jay-Z claimed the #1 spot when the final data is released on Wednesday (November 13), he will make a tie to the late Elvis Presley for having 10 albums peaking at the top position. In fact, Jay-Z's first day number is the third largest figure in the last three months.
Further down the line, other predicted top 10 albums include Angels & Airwaves' 'I-Empire' and Cassidy's 'B.A.R.S.: The Barry Adrian Reese Story'.
Meanwhile, Jay-Z has pulled 'American Gangster' that was inspired by a movie of the same name from iTunes Store. "As movies are not sold scene by scene, this collection will not be sold as individual singles," Jay reasoned. It will be available online in its entirety at Amazon.com, Rhapsody.com, and Rocafella.com.
Click here to watch Jay-Z's star-studded music video for 'Roc Boys (And The Winner Is...)'.
More Jay-Z News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7