Jay-Z to Score Another #1 Album With 'American Gangster'?
Jay-Z's 'American Gangster' is the predicted top seller next week on Billboard Hot 200 chart. Nielsen SoundScan's Building Chart that was released yesterday (November 7) reported that 179,000 copies have been sold on the first day.
His number is followed by Chris Brown's 'Exclusive' (107,000), this week's chart reigner Eagles' 'Long Road Out of Eden' (89,000) and Garth Brooks' 'The Ultimate Hits' (61,000).
Should Jay-Z claimed the #1 spot when the final data is released on Wednesday (November 13), he will make a tie to the late Elvis Presley for having 10 albums peaking at the top position. In fact, Jay-Z's first day number is the third largest figure in the last three months.
Further down the line, other predicted top 10 albums include Angels & Airwaves' 'I-Empire' and Cassidy's 'B.A.R.S.: The Barry Adrian Reese Story'.
Meanwhile, Jay-Z has pulled 'American Gangster' that was inspired by a movie of the same name from iTunes Store. "As movies are not sold scene by scene, this collection will not be sold as individual singles," Jay reasoned. It will be available online in its entirety at Amazon.com, Rhapsody.com, and Rocafella.com.
Click here to watch Jay-Z's star-studded music video for 'Roc Boys (And The Winner Is...)'.
More Jay-Z News
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says
- Joe Biden to Guest Star on 'Law and Order: SVU'. Get the First Look
- Listen to Pink and Kenny Chesney's New Song 'Setting the World on Fire'
- Lindsay Lohan Isn't Pregnant, Close Friend Hofit Golan Confirms
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Already Planning for Third Baby
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album