Early Winners of 41st CMA Awards!
Early winners of Country Music Association Awards have been announced. Among those warming up for the event is Carrie Underwood who snapped 'Single of the Year' through, undoubtedly, 'Before He Cheats'.
Underwood's winning is accompanied by two categories that were announced later on, 'Vocal Group of the Year' and 'Song of the Year'. The former went to Rascal Flatts who just had their latest effort topping the Billboard chart and the latter went to George Strait through his hit 'Give It Away'.
Since it's an award for the song, the award was also credited to the writers. "You all been letting me do this for 50 years, and I love you," said Bill Anderson, one of the co-writers of 'Give It Away'.
Brad Paisley's 'Online' video gained 'Music Video of the year', while Jerry Douglas of Union Station was named 'Musician of the Year'.
The 41st Annual CMA Awards is held at Nashville's Sommet Center on Wednesday, November 7. Some performers in the show include Underwood, Alison Krauss, Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift, Rodney Atkins, Big & Rich and many more. The show was broadcast live and hosted by 'Desperate Housewife' star James Denton, Paisley's wife, Kimberly Williams and Kate Walsh.
Stay here for more winners.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says