Early Winners of 41st CMA Awards!
Early winners of Country Music Association Awards have been announced. Among those warming up for the event is Carrie Underwood who snapped 'Single of the Year' through, undoubtedly, 'Before He Cheats'.
Underwood's winning is accompanied by two categories that were announced later on, 'Vocal Group of the Year' and 'Song of the Year'. The former went to Rascal Flatts who just had their latest effort topping the Billboard chart and the latter went to George Strait through his hit 'Give It Away'.
Since it's an award for the song, the award was also credited to the writers. "You all been letting me do this for 50 years, and I love you," said Bill Anderson, one of the co-writers of 'Give It Away'.
Brad Paisley's 'Online' video gained 'Music Video of the year', while Jerry Douglas of Union Station was named 'Musician of the Year'.
The 41st Annual CMA Awards is held at Nashville's Sommet Center on Wednesday, November 7. Some performers in the show include Underwood, Alison Krauss, Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift, Rodney Atkins, Big & Rich and many more. The show was broadcast live and hosted by 'Desperate Housewife' star James Denton, Paisley's wife, Kimberly Williams and Kate Walsh.
Stay here for more winners.
More Carrie Underwood News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage