Jennifer Connelly Joins Keanu Reeves in Day the Earth Stood Still Redo
Seems 20th Century Fox is on the way to assemble a star-studded cast for its newly-developed flick "The Day the Earth Stood Still." Already had Keanu Reeves in the list, the studio now has picked up another big Hollywood name to join the actor, none other than the beautiful, talented Jennifer Connelly.
A remake of the 1951 sci-fi feature of the same name, project casts Connelly as Helen Benson, the role Patricia Neal portrayed in the original, Variety has reported. The Oscar winner is further said to segue to the picture after she finishes shooting "He's Just Not That Into You" for New Line Cinema.
In the meantime, studio currently is still holding negotiations with Kathy Bates to also have her in the lineup. As for production, shooting is due to start next month in Vancouver, Canada under the direction of Scott Derrickson with his partner Paul Boardman producing alongside Erwin Stoff.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation