Jennifer Connelly Joins Keanu Reeves in Day the Earth Stood Still Redo
Seems 20th Century Fox is on the way to assemble a star-studded cast for its newly-developed flick "The Day the Earth Stood Still." Already had Keanu Reeves in the list, the studio now has picked up another big Hollywood name to join the actor, none other than the beautiful, talented Jennifer Connelly.
A remake of the 1951 sci-fi feature of the same name, project casts Connelly as Helen Benson, the role Patricia Neal portrayed in the original, Variety has reported. The Oscar winner is further said to segue to the picture after she finishes shooting "He's Just Not That Into You" for New Line Cinema.
In the meantime, studio currently is still holding negotiations with Kathy Bates to also have her in the lineup. As for production, shooting is due to start next month in Vancouver, Canada under the direction of Scott Derrickson with his partner Paul Boardman producing alongside Erwin Stoff.
- 'The Flash' Season 3 Finale Confirms the Twisted Theory, Reveals Real Victim
- Scott Disick Hoping for 'Awkward Run-In' With Kourtney Kardashian During Outing With Bella Thorne
- Camila Cabello Teams Up With Ed Sheeran, Pharrell and Charli XCX on Upcoming Album
- 'American Crime Story': Get Official First Look at Penelope Cruz as Donatella Versace
- Hollywood Mourns the Death of James Bond Star Roger Moore
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago