Jennifer Connelly Joins Keanu Reeves in Day the Earth Stood Still Redo
Seems 20th Century Fox is on the way to assemble a star-studded cast for its newly-developed flick "The Day the Earth Stood Still." Already had Keanu Reeves in the list, the studio now has picked up another big Hollywood name to join the actor, none other than the beautiful, talented Jennifer Connelly.
A remake of the 1951 sci-fi feature of the same name, project casts Connelly as Helen Benson, the role Patricia Neal portrayed in the original, Variety has reported. The Oscar winner is further said to segue to the picture after she finishes shooting "He's Just Not That Into You" for New Line Cinema.
In the meantime, studio currently is still holding negotiations with Kathy Bates to also have her in the lineup. As for production, shooting is due to start next month in Vancouver, Canada under the direction of Scott Derrickson with his partner Paul Boardman producing alongside Erwin Stoff.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked