Jennifer Connelly Joins Keanu Reeves in Day the Earth Stood Still Redo
Seems 20th Century Fox is on the way to assemble a star-studded cast for its newly-developed flick "The Day the Earth Stood Still." Already had Keanu Reeves in the list, the studio now has picked up another big Hollywood name to join the actor, none other than the beautiful, talented Jennifer Connelly.
A remake of the 1951 sci-fi feature of the same name, project casts Connelly as Helen Benson, the role Patricia Neal portrayed in the original, Variety has reported. The Oscar winner is further said to segue to the picture after she finishes shooting "He's Just Not That Into You" for New Line Cinema.
In the meantime, studio currently is still holding negotiations with Kathy Bates to also have her in the lineup. As for production, shooting is due to start next month in Vancouver, Canada under the direction of Scott Derrickson with his partner Paul Boardman producing alongside Erwin Stoff.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels