Jennifer Connelly Joins Keanu Reeves in Day the Earth Stood Still Redo
Seems 20th Century Fox is on the way to assemble a star-studded cast for its newly-developed flick "The Day the Earth Stood Still." Already had Keanu Reeves in the list, the studio now has picked up another big Hollywood name to join the actor, none other than the beautiful, talented Jennifer Connelly.
A remake of the 1951 sci-fi feature of the same name, project casts Connelly as Helen Benson, the role Patricia Neal portrayed in the original, Variety has reported. The Oscar winner is further said to segue to the picture after she finishes shooting "He's Just Not That Into You" for New Line Cinema.
In the meantime, studio currently is still holding negotiations with Kathy Bates to also have her in the lineup. As for production, shooting is due to start next month in Vancouver, Canada under the direction of Scott Derrickson with his partner Paul Boardman producing alongside Erwin Stoff.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars