Jay-Z's Rocawear's Debut Fragrance Due in Stores in the Fall of 2008
Don't get bored of him just yet 'coz Jay-Z is everywhere. Basically kicked off his career in the music industry, the mogul apparently has nose for business too. Having "American Gangster", his concept album based on the movie of the same name, hit the stores just yesterday November 6th and has just premiered the clip for his second single "Roc Boys (An The Winner Is...)" which was released last month, he is having his Rocawear clothing label inked a licensing deal with cosmetics giant Elizabeth Arden to unveil perfume.
Jay-Z's Rocawear and its parent company, Iconix Brand Group, have reached deal with beauty products company Elizabeth Arden in terms of licensing agreement to produce and distribute new men's and women's fragrances, cosmetics, and skincare products, all of which will be creatively overseen by Jay-Z himself.
"We are excited to partner with an industry giant such as Elizabeth Arden," Jay-Z said about collaborating with the beauty empire. "The combination of their expertise in fragrance and our ability to affect popular culture will produce some incredible products and breathe excitement into the category."
"Elizabeth Arden and Iconix have a successful history together, and we are thrilled to grow our relationship with this dynamic collaboration," E. Scott Beattie, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Elizabeth Arden commented. "The Rocawear name connects with the customer we want to attract… Elizabeth Arden's leadership in fragrance, coupled with the creative involvement of Shawn 'Jay-Z' Carter and the team at Rocawear and Iconix, will provide us with a strong platform for success."
Rocawear's debut fragrance with Elizabeth Arden will be available by fall next year, along with skin care products and cosmetics.
In March 2007, Jay-Z sold Rocawear, the urban clothing label he created with former business partners Damon Dash and Kareem 'Biggs' Burke in 1999, to Iconix Brand Group for a reported $204 million. He, however, continues to run the company as the chief creative officer, in hand to oversee development of the brand, and has retained his share in the company.
More Jay-Z News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame