Sheryl Crow Recounts Personal Pain in 'Detours'
New details on Sheryl Crow's new studio album have surfaced. 'Detours' which is currently recorded in Nashville, will be put on shelves February 5 via A&M/Interscope, featuring a song for her new baby son Wyatt in one of the tracks.
Injecting personal issues in the album, Crow made this album a recording of her ordeal with breast cancer and her break-up with cycling champion, Lance Armstrong. "The songs are very inspired by the last three years of events in my life," Crow said.
"I'm really encouraging artists to write about what's going on, because we seem to be very distracted by some lightweight topics. I think it's time to start writing about the reality of what's around us."
The first single 'Shine Over Babylon' has hit the airwaves late last month. Crow wrote on her blog that it is "a battle song in the face of fear". Her adopted son Wyatt will appear in the song 'Lullaby for Wyatt' which is utilized as one of the the soundtracks of drama flick 'Grace Is Gone'.
Crow also wrote that she has done some photo shoots and video takings which can be expected to make public in the coming weeks.
'Shine Over Babylon' by Sheryl Crow: Streaming Audio
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby