Sheryl Crow Recounts Personal Pain in 'Detours'
New details on Sheryl Crow's new studio album have surfaced. 'Detours' which is currently recorded in Nashville, will be put on shelves February 5 via A&M/Interscope, featuring a song for her new baby son Wyatt in one of the tracks.
Injecting personal issues in the album, Crow made this album a recording of her ordeal with breast cancer and her break-up with cycling champion, Lance Armstrong. "The songs are very inspired by the last three years of events in my life," Crow said.
"I'm really encouraging artists to write about what's going on, because we seem to be very distracted by some lightweight topics. I think it's time to start writing about the reality of what's around us."
The first single 'Shine Over Babylon' has hit the airwaves late last month. Crow wrote on her blog that it is "a battle song in the face of fear". Her adopted son Wyatt will appear in the song 'Lullaby for Wyatt' which is utilized as one of the the soundtracks of drama flick 'Grace Is Gone'.
Crow also wrote that she has done some photo shoots and video takings which can be expected to make public in the coming weeks.
'Shine Over Babylon' by Sheryl Crow: Streaming Audio
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group