R&B Singer Trey Songz Arrested on Charges of Disorderly Conduct
Rose to prominence during the year 2005, thanks to his hit single "Gotta Make It" from album "I Gotta Make It," Trey Songz does popular among music lovers, but not among the police officers that he needed to ask them "Don't you know who I am?!" when they booked him early Sunday November 4th following a shooting outside a club.
The R&B singer and songwriter, along with several members of his entourage, are said to got combative with police officers and resisting arrest after a shooting broke out in the parking lot of The Hippodrome, where the star performed on Saturday evening November 3rd.
Trey allegedly tried to insert himself into the crime scene investigation while officers were investigating the shoot. And when he was asked by police to move away, he responded with, "Don't you know who I am?!"
Lt. John Slepchuck of the Springfield Police Department explained "Our disorderly person charge can involve several different things including the use of certain language, failure to do what an officer asks," adding that Trey "was interfering with an active crime scene involving a victim."
Trey, as a consequence, was charged with behaving as a disorderly person and resisting arrest and was released after posting $500 bond.
While police are still investigating whether Trey had something to do with the shooting, the alleged shooter, identified as Anthony Williams, remains in police custody facing multiple charges, including assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon, possession of a firearm without a license and assault with intent to murder.
Williams is scheduled to be arraigned by Monday morning November 5th, whereas his unidentified victim who suffered non-life threatening injuries was taken to a nearby hospital.
More Trey Songz News
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle