Nas Releases New Video Amid 'Nigger' Controversy
Amid the debate on his controversial album title, Nas has released a music video for 'Surviving the Times', one of the only two new materials from his Greatest Hits compilation that is released this week. The song itself was debatable when it leaked in recent weeks.
Deemed 'new', 'Surviving the Times' was reportedly stolen from an underground MC named Wordsmith. In a written statement to HipHopDX.com early last month, Wordsmith said the the beat happened to resemble his 2006 single 'As the Art Fades Away'. He added that there was no intention to "attack" Nas with the letter but he would let "everyone judges this fairly" by comparison of the two.
Meanwhile, the buzz on 'Nigger', the title he chose for the new album, is going on with more and more artist supporting his decision. Apparently Nas' intention to tone down the meaning of the word had invited nods from fellow artists such as Jay-Z, Alicia Keys and chairman of Def Jam Records, L.A. Reid. Still many thought that it was just a "publicity stunt" that he created to gain high sale number.
'Nigger' will be released on December 11.
Nas, 'Surviving the Times':
More Nas News
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover