Nas Releases New Video Amid 'Nigger' Controversy
Amid the debate on his controversial album title, Nas has released a music video for 'Surviving the Times', one of the only two new materials from his Greatest Hits compilation that is released this week. The song itself was debatable when it leaked in recent weeks.
Deemed 'new', 'Surviving the Times' was reportedly stolen from an underground MC named Wordsmith. In a written statement to HipHopDX.com early last month, Wordsmith said the the beat happened to resemble his 2006 single 'As the Art Fades Away'. He added that there was no intention to "attack" Nas with the letter but he would let "everyone judges this fairly" by comparison of the two.
Meanwhile, the buzz on 'Nigger', the title he chose for the new album, is going on with more and more artist supporting his decision. Apparently Nas' intention to tone down the meaning of the word had invited nods from fellow artists such as Jay-Z, Alicia Keys and chairman of Def Jam Records, L.A. Reid. Still many thought that it was just a "publicity stunt" that he created to gain high sale number.
'Nigger' will be released on December 11.
Nas, 'Surviving the Times':
More Nas News
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer