Jewel Follows Her Hidden Desire, Country Album
Singer Jewel Kilcher has picked up her guitar once again for a country-oriented album. The singer who leaned on mainstream sound in her fourth effort '0304', has just signed a deal with Nashville-based label, Valory Music Company.
Country music apparently has been a hidden desire for Jewel who admitted that her last label was "always scared of country music". She told Billboard.com, "If I had been discovered now, living in my car in San Diego, I think I would have been signed as a country act. As a singer/songwriter and as a storyteller, I'm old fashioned."
In fact, she has infused herself to this genre long enough for people to discover. "I've always had country songs on my records," she revealed. The 33-year-old singer is also slated to present an award in Country Music Association Awards that will take place November 7 at Nashville's Sommet Center.
Among the collaborators in her Spring album is John Rich from the country duo Big & Rich who is also helping Jessica Simpson to depart from pop to country. A song that has made the cut would be 'Perfectly Clear' which she has played several times during concert but never had the chance to record it.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce