Jewel Follows Her Hidden Desire, Country Album
Singer Jewel Kilcher has picked up her guitar once again for a country-oriented album. The singer who leaned on mainstream sound in her fourth effort '0304', has just signed a deal with Nashville-based label, Valory Music Company.
Country music apparently has been a hidden desire for Jewel who admitted that her last label was "always scared of country music". She told Billboard.com, "If I had been discovered now, living in my car in San Diego, I think I would have been signed as a country act. As a singer/songwriter and as a storyteller, I'm old fashioned."
In fact, she has infused herself to this genre long enough for people to discover. "I've always had country songs on my records," she revealed. The 33-year-old singer is also slated to present an award in Country Music Association Awards that will take place November 7 at Nashville's Sommet Center.
Among the collaborators in her Spring album is John Rich from the country duo Big & Rich who is also helping Jessica Simpson to depart from pop to country. A song that has made the cut would be 'Perfectly Clear' which she has played several times during concert but never had the chance to record it.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift