Jewel Follows Her Hidden Desire, Country Album
Singer Jewel Kilcher has picked up her guitar once again for a country-oriented album. The singer who leaned on mainstream sound in her fourth effort '0304', has just signed a deal with Nashville-based label, Valory Music Company.
Country music apparently has been a hidden desire for Jewel who admitted that her last label was "always scared of country music". She told Billboard.com, "If I had been discovered now, living in my car in San Diego, I think I would have been signed as a country act. As a singer/songwriter and as a storyteller, I'm old fashioned."
In fact, she has infused herself to this genre long enough for people to discover. "I've always had country songs on my records," she revealed. The 33-year-old singer is also slated to present an award in Country Music Association Awards that will take place November 7 at Nashville's Sommet Center.
Among the collaborators in her Spring album is John Rich from the country duo Big & Rich who is also helping Jessica Simpson to depart from pop to country. A song that has made the cut would be 'Perfectly Clear' which she has played several times during concert but never had the chance to record it.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist