Jewel Follows Her Hidden Desire, Country Album
Singer Jewel Kilcher has picked up her guitar once again for a country-oriented album. The singer who leaned on mainstream sound in her fourth effort '0304', has just signed a deal with Nashville-based label, Valory Music Company.
Country music apparently has been a hidden desire for Jewel who admitted that her last label was "always scared of country music". She told Billboard.com, "If I had been discovered now, living in my car in San Diego, I think I would have been signed as a country act. As a singer/songwriter and as a storyteller, I'm old fashioned."
In fact, she has infused herself to this genre long enough for people to discover. "I've always had country songs on my records," she revealed. The 33-year-old singer is also slated to present an award in Country Music Association Awards that will take place November 7 at Nashville's Sommet Center.
Among the collaborators in her Spring album is John Rich from the country duo Big & Rich who is also helping Jessica Simpson to depart from pop to country. A song that has made the cut would be 'Perfectly Clear' which she has played several times during concert but never had the chance to record it.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie