Jewel Follows Her Hidden Desire, Country Album
Singer Jewel Kilcher has picked up her guitar once again for a country-oriented album. The singer who leaned on mainstream sound in her fourth effort '0304', has just signed a deal with Nashville-based label, Valory Music Company.
Country music apparently has been a hidden desire for Jewel who admitted that her last label was "always scared of country music". She told Billboard.com, "If I had been discovered now, living in my car in San Diego, I think I would have been signed as a country act. As a singer/songwriter and as a storyteller, I'm old fashioned."
In fact, she has infused herself to this genre long enough for people to discover. "I've always had country songs on my records," she revealed. The 33-year-old singer is also slated to present an award in Country Music Association Awards that will take place November 7 at Nashville's Sommet Center.
Among the collaborators in her Spring album is John Rich from the country duo Big & Rich who is also helping Jessica Simpson to depart from pop to country. A song that has made the cut would be 'Perfectly Clear' which she has played several times during concert but never had the chance to record it.
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'