Hilary Swank Let Oprah Winfrey Cut Her Hair and Donated It to Pantene Beautiful Lengths
Hilary Swank keeps her words. The actress is donating her hair to women in need as part of Pantene Beautiful Lengths program.
"I've been growing it for the last six months to donate my hair," Swank said during her appearance on the "Oprah Winfrey Show." "I've been taking a lot of vitamins and taking really good care of it, knowing that it would go to a woman in need."
Swank has, in July, signed on to front the year long Pantene Beautiful Lengths campaign, a new charity campaign which aims to support women who've lost their hair during cancer treatment. In addition to starring in a Pantene Beautiful Lengths public service announcement (PSA) and encourage people across the US and Canada to grow their hair, cut it off and then donate it to create wigs for the women who have lost their hair due of cancer, she herself will also make hair donation.
And thus she let Oprah cut off nine inches of her hair so that it could be donated to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program.
"It's taken months to get to this moment," Oprah commented. "It involves a two-time Academy Award winner, a sharp object, and me."
For more information about Pantene Beautiful Lengths and ways to participate, visit its official Website.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says