Hilary Swank Let Oprah Winfrey Cut Her Hair and Donated It to Pantene Beautiful Lengths
Hilary Swank keeps her words. The actress is donating her hair to women in need as part of Pantene Beautiful Lengths program.
"I've been growing it for the last six months to donate my hair," Swank said during her appearance on the "Oprah Winfrey Show." "I've been taking a lot of vitamins and taking really good care of it, knowing that it would go to a woman in need."
Swank has, in July, signed on to front the year long Pantene Beautiful Lengths campaign, a new charity campaign which aims to support women who've lost their hair during cancer treatment. In addition to starring in a Pantene Beautiful Lengths public service announcement (PSA) and encourage people across the US and Canada to grow their hair, cut it off and then donate it to create wigs for the women who have lost their hair due of cancer, she herself will also make hair donation.
And thus she let Oprah cut off nine inches of her hair so that it could be donated to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program.
"It's taken months to get to this moment," Oprah commented. "It involves a two-time Academy Award winner, a sharp object, and me."
For more information about Pantene Beautiful Lengths and ways to participate, visit its official Website.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy