Hilary Swank Let Oprah Winfrey Cut Her Hair and Donated It to Pantene Beautiful Lengths
Hilary Swank keeps her words. The actress is donating her hair to women in need as part of Pantene Beautiful Lengths program.
"I've been growing it for the last six months to donate my hair," Swank said during her appearance on the "Oprah Winfrey Show." "I've been taking a lot of vitamins and taking really good care of it, knowing that it would go to a woman in need."
Swank has, in July, signed on to front the year long Pantene Beautiful Lengths campaign, a new charity campaign which aims to support women who've lost their hair during cancer treatment. In addition to starring in a Pantene Beautiful Lengths public service announcement (PSA) and encourage people across the US and Canada to grow their hair, cut it off and then donate it to create wigs for the women who have lost their hair due of cancer, she herself will also make hair donation.
And thus she let Oprah cut off nine inches of her hair so that it could be donated to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program.
"It's taken months to get to this moment," Oprah commented. "It involves a two-time Academy Award winner, a sharp object, and me."
For more information about Pantene Beautiful Lengths and ways to participate, visit its official Website.
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order