Kate Bosworth and Geoffrey Rush Highlighting Fantasy Pic Laundry Warrior
One is a starlet known for being the former girlfriend of Orlando Bloom while the other has acted alongside the actor in "Pirates of the Caribbean" trilogy, and now the two are brought together in one big screen project.
Yes, Kate Bosworth and Geoffrey Rush have both signed on to head the cast of "Laundry Warrior", a fantasy actioner produced by "Lord of the Rings" producer Barrie Osborne, which also has Korean star Jang Dong Gun in. Tony Cox reportedly has been picked up as well with Thomas Haden Church in advanced negotiations.
Bosworth will play a young woman hell-bent on revenge for abuses in her youth who is also a circus knife thrower while Rush is a town drunk who turns out to be a fighter in retirement. Jang, in the meantime, portrays a fugitive Asian warrior hiding out in the American badlands, where Bosworth and Rush's characters reside.
The English-language heroic tale will mark the feature directorial debut of Sngmoo Lee, who also penned the script. Filming is due to begin on November 12, 2007 in Auckland, New Zealand under a $40 million budget. Accompanied Osborne on the producer's chair are his Sad Flutes partners Michael Peyser and Lee Joo-ick.
Production is said to employ extensive green screen techniques while post-production will involve the use of effects houses including Weta Digital in New Zealand and others in Korea, India and the States.
"We draw on two great milieux, the Samurai movie and the Western," Peyser stated. "We will deliver a stylized, partly anime feel, with the techniques of '300,' but a look that is brighter."
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius