Jay-Z Sold 'American Gangster' Tickets Within Seconds
The retirement that Jay-Z announced last year apparently triggered his fans to buy his tickets once he announced a tour. The rapper sold his tickets to 'American Gangster' tour within, not hours or minutes, but seconds!
The November 12 date in Philadelphia was sold out in 30 seconds according to Roc-a-Fella.com. The kick off date in Los Angeles meanwhile beat it by more than half at 11 seconds but still Chicago hold the record by selling within mere 8 seconds.
With such huge demand, looks like Jay-Z's management team will need no heavy promotion when new dates are added in Washington DC and Atlanta.
In the meantime, 'American Gangster' which will be released next week (November 6), will be promoted by Jay-Z on VH1 Storytellers. The show will air November 8.
Jay-Z's tour schedule:
- Nov 6 - Los Angeles-House of Blues
- Nov 7 - Chicago-House of Blues
- Nov 9 - Baltimore-Ramshead
- Nov 11 - New York-Hammerstein
- Nov 12 - Philadelphia-Fillmore
More Jay-Z News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie