Jay-Z Sold 'American Gangster' Tickets Within Seconds
The retirement that Jay-Z announced last year apparently triggered his fans to buy his tickets once he announced a tour. The rapper sold his tickets to 'American Gangster' tour within, not hours or minutes, but seconds!
The November 12 date in Philadelphia was sold out in 30 seconds according to Roc-a-Fella.com. The kick off date in Los Angeles meanwhile beat it by more than half at 11 seconds but still Chicago hold the record by selling within mere 8 seconds.
With such huge demand, looks like Jay-Z's management team will need no heavy promotion when new dates are added in Washington DC and Atlanta.
In the meantime, 'American Gangster' which will be released next week (November 6), will be promoted by Jay-Z on VH1 Storytellers. The show will air November 8.
Jay-Z's tour schedule:
- Nov 6 - Los Angeles-House of Blues
- Nov 7 - Chicago-House of Blues
- Nov 9 - Baltimore-Ramshead
- Nov 11 - New York-Hammerstein
- Nov 12 - Philadelphia-Fillmore
More Jay-Z News
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber