Jay-Z Sold 'American Gangster' Tickets Within Seconds
The retirement that Jay-Z announced last year apparently triggered his fans to buy his tickets once he announced a tour. The rapper sold his tickets to 'American Gangster' tour within, not hours or minutes, but seconds!
The November 12 date in Philadelphia was sold out in 30 seconds according to Roc-a-Fella.com. The kick off date in Los Angeles meanwhile beat it by more than half at 11 seconds but still Chicago hold the record by selling within mere 8 seconds.
With such huge demand, looks like Jay-Z's management team will need no heavy promotion when new dates are added in Washington DC and Atlanta.
In the meantime, 'American Gangster' which will be released next week (November 6), will be promoted by Jay-Z on VH1 Storytellers. The show will air November 8.
Jay-Z's tour schedule:
- Nov 6 - Los Angeles-House of Blues
- Nov 7 - Chicago-House of Blues
- Nov 9 - Baltimore-Ramshead
- Nov 11 - New York-Hammerstein
- Nov 12 - Philadelphia-Fillmore
More Jay-Z News
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer