Jay-Z Sold 'American Gangster' Tickets Within Seconds
The retirement that Jay-Z announced last year apparently triggered his fans to buy his tickets once he announced a tour. The rapper sold his tickets to 'American Gangster' tour within, not hours or minutes, but seconds!
The November 12 date in Philadelphia was sold out in 30 seconds according to Roc-a-Fella.com. The kick off date in Los Angeles meanwhile beat it by more than half at 11 seconds but still Chicago hold the record by selling within mere 8 seconds.
With such huge demand, looks like Jay-Z's management team will need no heavy promotion when new dates are added in Washington DC and Atlanta.
In the meantime, 'American Gangster' which will be released next week (November 6), will be promoted by Jay-Z on VH1 Storytellers. The show will air November 8.
Jay-Z's tour schedule:
- Nov 6 - Los Angeles-House of Blues
- Nov 7 - Chicago-House of Blues
- Nov 9 - Baltimore-Ramshead
- Nov 11 - New York-Hammerstein
- Nov 12 - Philadelphia-Fillmore
More Jay-Z News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip