Jay-Z Sold 'American Gangster' Tickets Within Seconds
The retirement that Jay-Z announced last year apparently triggered his fans to buy his tickets once he announced a tour. The rapper sold his tickets to 'American Gangster' tour within, not hours or minutes, but seconds!
The November 12 date in Philadelphia was sold out in 30 seconds according to Roc-a-Fella.com. The kick off date in Los Angeles meanwhile beat it by more than half at 11 seconds but still Chicago hold the record by selling within mere 8 seconds.
With such huge demand, looks like Jay-Z's management team will need no heavy promotion when new dates are added in Washington DC and Atlanta.
In the meantime, 'American Gangster' which will be released next week (November 6), will be promoted by Jay-Z on VH1 Storytellers. The show will air November 8.
Jay-Z's tour schedule:
- Nov 6 - Los Angeles-House of Blues
- Nov 7 - Chicago-House of Blues
- Nov 9 - Baltimore-Ramshead
- Nov 11 - New York-Hammerstein
- Nov 12 - Philadelphia-Fillmore
More Jay-Z News
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush