Elvis Presley Reclaimed His Predicate as Forbes' Richest Dead Celebrity
It's been 30 years since his death, but Elvis Presley still scores well, very well indeed, in case of cash. The late King of Rock n Roll has reclaimed his predicate as Forbes' Richest Dead Celebrity.
Having his Graceland taking in an estimated $49 million in the past 12 months, Elvis seizes the No. 1 spot on Forbes.com's seventh annual list of Top-Earning Dead Celebrities, again, after he last topped the list in 2005.
Meanwhile, fellow late singer and songwriter John Lennon takes the 2nd spot on the list, jumps two spots from last year's list, with an estimated earning of $44 million. Also makes the annual list is singer-guitarist George Harrison who's at No. 4 with earnings estimated at $22 million.
Rap artist Tupac Shakur is ranked 8th on the list with $9 million, followed by Marilyn Monroe at No. 9 with $7 million and movie actor Steve McQueen at No. 10 with $6 million. James Brown, whose inheritance sparked feud among his living family members, is ranked 11th Forbes' Richest Dead Celebrity taking in $5 million, just one place ahead of reggae star Bob Marley at the 12th spot with $4 million.
Film actor James Dean is the other celebrity included in the list, making it at No. 15 with $3.5 million.
Click Forbes.com to check out the entire enlisting of its Top-Earning Dead Celebrities, which in addition to them all, comprises of everyone from cartoonist to theoretical physicist to artist.
More Elvis Presley News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance