David Beckham Is Planning a Charity Football Match Against a Team of Actors
David Beckham and his Los Angeles Galaxy teammates are planning a charity football match with proceeds go to the American Red Cross and The Salvation Army to benefit those affected by the wildfires in Southern California.
The soccer god, alongside his Galaxy teammates, will take it to the field to face the so-called "Hollywood United FC" on November 4th at the Home Depot Center in Carson.
"Everyone's expected to play, including David," Galaxy General Manager Alexi Lalas said Friday October 26th. "This is a great opportunity for our organization to do something positive for our area, our home, and for our friends and neighbors who have been impacted by these incredibly devastating wildfires."
Alexi then went on adding, "Our players are residents of Southern California. This is a great way through soccer for us to bring some attention and, most importantly, raise some money. And, in the process, give the people another opportunity to see the stars we have here with the Galaxy."
As for the "Hollywood United FC," the team will among others comprise of actors Anthony LaPaglia, Jimmy Jean-Louis and Costas Mandylor; musicians Steve Jones and Vivian Campbell; and former World Cup players Frank Leboeuf and Richard Gough.
More David Beckham News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl