David Beckham Is Planning a Charity Football Match Against a Team of Actors
David Beckham and his Los Angeles Galaxy teammates are planning a charity football match with proceeds go to the American Red Cross and The Salvation Army to benefit those affected by the wildfires in Southern California.
The soccer god, alongside his Galaxy teammates, will take it to the field to face the so-called "Hollywood United FC" on November 4th at the Home Depot Center in Carson.
"Everyone's expected to play, including David," Galaxy General Manager Alexi Lalas said Friday October 26th. "This is a great opportunity for our organization to do something positive for our area, our home, and for our friends and neighbors who have been impacted by these incredibly devastating wildfires."
Alexi then went on adding, "Our players are residents of Southern California. This is a great way through soccer for us to bring some attention and, most importantly, raise some money. And, in the process, give the people another opportunity to see the stars we have here with the Galaxy."
As for the "Hollywood United FC," the team will among others comprise of actors Anthony LaPaglia, Jimmy Jean-Louis and Costas Mandylor; musicians Steve Jones and Vivian Campbell; and former World Cup players Frank Leboeuf and Richard Gough.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce