David Beckham Is Planning a Charity Football Match Against a Team of Actors
David Beckham and his Los Angeles Galaxy teammates are planning a charity football match with proceeds go to the American Red Cross and The Salvation Army to benefit those affected by the wildfires in Southern California.
The soccer god, alongside his Galaxy teammates, will take it to the field to face the so-called "Hollywood United FC" on November 4th at the Home Depot Center in Carson.
"Everyone's expected to play, including David," Galaxy General Manager Alexi Lalas said Friday October 26th. "This is a great opportunity for our organization to do something positive for our area, our home, and for our friends and neighbors who have been impacted by these incredibly devastating wildfires."
Alexi then went on adding, "Our players are residents of Southern California. This is a great way through soccer for us to bring some attention and, most importantly, raise some money. And, in the process, give the people another opportunity to see the stars we have here with the Galaxy."
As for the "Hollywood United FC," the team will among others comprise of actors Anthony LaPaglia, Jimmy Jean-Louis and Costas Mandylor; musicians Steve Jones and Vivian Campbell; and former World Cup players Frank Leboeuf and Richard Gough.
More David Beckham News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!