Teen Pregnancy Pic Juno Named Best Film at 2nd Rome Film Fest
Wittily exploring the story of an American teenager faced with an unplanned pregnancy, teen comedy "Juno" won the top prize of Marco Aurelio Award RomeFilmFest - Best Film at the second edition of Rome Film Festival on Saturday, October 27, 2007.
Announcement was made during a gala ceremony at the main auditorium at the Italian capital's Parco della Musica, which was greeted enthusiastically by the full house gathered on the spot. The honor was then bestowed to the flick's director Jason Reitman, who excitedly shared the trophy with screenwriter Diablo Cody.
Elsewhere, the jury, consisted of fifty ordinary moviegoers from across Europe, also recognized Croatian thesp Rade Serbedzija and Chinese beauty Jang Wenli as the Best Actor and Actress, respectively. The former took the kudos for his performance in Canadian drama "Fugitive Pieces" while the latter for hers in "Le Chun" ("And the Spring Comes").
Accompanied "Juno" as the winning title was Abolfazl Jalili's take on a renowned Persian poet "Hafez" which nabbed the Special Jury Award with U.S. road movie "Into the Wild" being given the FASTWEB Prize for the Premiere section. Complete list of winners can be seen on the festival's official site of Romacinemafest.org.
Enjoy some pictures from the award ceremony:
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'