Teen Pregnancy Pic Juno Named Best Film at 2nd Rome Film Fest
Wittily exploring the story of an American teenager faced with an unplanned pregnancy, teen comedy "Juno" won the top prize of Marco Aurelio Award RomeFilmFest - Best Film at the second edition of Rome Film Festival on Saturday, October 27, 2007.
Announcement was made during a gala ceremony at the main auditorium at the Italian capital's Parco della Musica, which was greeted enthusiastically by the full house gathered on the spot. The honor was then bestowed to the flick's director Jason Reitman, who excitedly shared the trophy with screenwriter Diablo Cody.
Elsewhere, the jury, consisted of fifty ordinary moviegoers from across Europe, also recognized Croatian thesp Rade Serbedzija and Chinese beauty Jang Wenli as the Best Actor and Actress, respectively. The former took the kudos for his performance in Canadian drama "Fugitive Pieces" while the latter for hers in "Le Chun" ("And the Spring Comes").
Accompanied "Juno" as the winning title was Abolfazl Jalili's take on a renowned Persian poet "Hafez" which nabbed the Special Jury Award with U.S. road movie "Into the Wild" being given the FASTWEB Prize for the Premiere section. Complete list of winners can be seen on the festival's official site of Romacinemafest.org.
Enjoy some pictures from the award ceremony:
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto