Saw IV Scares Up Weekend Box Office
Took off only days before Halloween, sure it's hardly surprising to find gory "Saw IV" going right to the top spot of weekend box office ended Sunday, October 28, 2007 while enhancing the horror series' position as a Halloween perennial.
The torture flick, still released under Lionsgate Films banner, took quite an effortless move to scoop up a wonderful $31.8 million, a tally on par with $33.6 million debut its predecessor "Saw III" scored over the same weekend last year.
Coming as the runner-up was fellow new entry "Dan in Real Life" which fared far less at $11.8 million. Though so, the number was more than sufficient to push last-week champ "30 Days of Night" down to the third rank as the vampire tale this time only managed to add $6.86 million into its pocket.
Comedies "The Game Plan" and "Why Did I Get Married?" popped up behind for respective income of $6.13 million and $5.64 million to round out the big five of the chart, followed by Tony Gilroy-directed "Michael Clayton" with a decent $4.92 million. Seventh place went to mystery drama "Gone Baby Gone" after it smoothly made its way to collect another $3.82 million to raise its total gross to $11.2 million.
On the eighth seated the re-released animated pic "The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D" for its fair effort to score $3.45 million with Columbia Pictures' "We Own the Night" trailing close at $3.4 million. Making up the top ten of the list was sports comedy "The Comebacks" that continued doing well by taking in $3.37 million into its feedbag.
Check out the rest holders up to the twentieth on AceShowbiz's U.S. Box Office page.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie