Saw IV Scares Up Weekend Box Office
Took off only days before Halloween, sure it's hardly surprising to find gory "Saw IV" going right to the top spot of weekend box office ended Sunday, October 28, 2007 while enhancing the horror series' position as a Halloween perennial.
The torture flick, still released under Lionsgate Films banner, took quite an effortless move to scoop up a wonderful $31.8 million, a tally on par with $33.6 million debut its predecessor "Saw III" scored over the same weekend last year.
Coming as the runner-up was fellow new entry "Dan in Real Life" which fared far less at $11.8 million. Though so, the number was more than sufficient to push last-week champ "30 Days of Night" down to the third rank as the vampire tale this time only managed to add $6.86 million into its pocket.
Comedies "The Game Plan" and "Why Did I Get Married?" popped up behind for respective income of $6.13 million and $5.64 million to round out the big five of the chart, followed by Tony Gilroy-directed "Michael Clayton" with a decent $4.92 million. Seventh place went to mystery drama "Gone Baby Gone" after it smoothly made its way to collect another $3.82 million to raise its total gross to $11.2 million.
On the eighth seated the re-released animated pic "The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D" for its fair effort to score $3.45 million with Columbia Pictures' "We Own the Night" trailing close at $3.4 million. Making up the top ten of the list was sports comedy "The Comebacks" that continued doing well by taking in $3.37 million into its feedbag.
Check out the rest holders up to the twentieth on AceShowbiz's U.S. Box Office page.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed