Sean Penn Entitled to Directing Honor at 19th Palm Springs Film Fest
In his helming career that has already spanned over a decade, actor Sean Penn will receive kudos in the field from Palm Springs International Film Festival, it has been announced.
Penn is named director of the year for his latest directing work of "Into the Wild", which was recently showcased at the 2nd annual Rome Film Festival. Kudos will be bestowed upon him at a gala ceremony held on January 5, 2008 at the Palm Springs Convention Center during the running of the 19th edition of the festival.
"Wild" star Emile Hirsch has already been announced to be the recipient of Rising Star Award. Also entitled to accept the same honor is actress Nikki Blonsky of "Hairspray." Meanwhile, French starlet Marion Cotillard will be presented with a Breakthrough Performance Award for her performance in "La Vie en Rose."
More Sean Penn News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart