Sean Penn Entitled to Directing Honor at 19th Palm Springs Film Fest
In his helming career that has already spanned over a decade, actor Sean Penn will receive kudos in the field from Palm Springs International Film Festival, it has been announced.
Penn is named director of the year for his latest directing work of "Into the Wild", which was recently showcased at the 2nd annual Rome Film Festival. Kudos will be bestowed upon him at a gala ceremony held on January 5, 2008 at the Palm Springs Convention Center during the running of the 19th edition of the festival.
"Wild" star Emile Hirsch has already been announced to be the recipient of Rising Star Award. Also entitled to accept the same honor is actress Nikki Blonsky of "Hairspray." Meanwhile, French starlet Marion Cotillard will be presented with a Breakthrough Performance Award for her performance in "La Vie en Rose."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival