Sean Penn Entitled to Directing Honor at 19th Palm Springs Film Fest
In his helming career that has already spanned over a decade, actor Sean Penn will receive kudos in the field from Palm Springs International Film Festival, it has been announced.
Penn is named director of the year for his latest directing work of "Into the Wild", which was recently showcased at the 2nd annual Rome Film Festival. Kudos will be bestowed upon him at a gala ceremony held on January 5, 2008 at the Palm Springs Convention Center during the running of the 19th edition of the festival.
"Wild" star Emile Hirsch has already been announced to be the recipient of Rising Star Award. Also entitled to accept the same honor is actress Nikki Blonsky of "Hairspray." Meanwhile, French starlet Marion Cotillard will be presented with a Breakthrough Performance Award for her performance in "La Vie en Rose."
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game