Sean Penn Entitled to Directing Honor at 19th Palm Springs Film Fest
In his helming career that has already spanned over a decade, actor Sean Penn will receive kudos in the field from Palm Springs International Film Festival, it has been announced.
Penn is named director of the year for his latest directing work of "Into the Wild", which was recently showcased at the 2nd annual Rome Film Festival. Kudos will be bestowed upon him at a gala ceremony held on January 5, 2008 at the Palm Springs Convention Center during the running of the 19th edition of the festival.
"Wild" star Emile Hirsch has already been announced to be the recipient of Rising Star Award. Also entitled to accept the same honor is actress Nikki Blonsky of "Hairspray." Meanwhile, French starlet Marion Cotillard will be presented with a Breakthrough Performance Award for her performance in "La Vie en Rose."
More Sean Penn News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding