Sean Penn Entitled to Directing Honor at 19th Palm Springs Film Fest
In his helming career that has already spanned over a decade, actor Sean Penn will receive kudos in the field from Palm Springs International Film Festival, it has been announced.
Penn is named director of the year for his latest directing work of "Into the Wild", which was recently showcased at the 2nd annual Rome Film Festival. Kudos will be bestowed upon him at a gala ceremony held on January 5, 2008 at the Palm Springs Convention Center during the running of the 19th edition of the festival.
"Wild" star Emile Hirsch has already been announced to be the recipient of Rising Star Award. Also entitled to accept the same honor is actress Nikki Blonsky of "Hairspray." Meanwhile, French starlet Marion Cotillard will be presented with a Breakthrough Performance Award for her performance in "La Vie en Rose."
More Sean Penn News
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler