Wolverine Scoop: Script Problem, Young Wolverine, and Filming Date
It appears that few decisions have been made on the heels of the announcement of the May 1, 2009 release date of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine." That's if tidbits regarding the project brought by several sources are proven legit.
The first one coming from Filmonic.com claimed that a change has occurred on the creative mind behind the flick's screenplay, saying the original one crafted by David Benioff will have a re-write under "Hitman" scribe Skip Woods. Scoop is supported by a recent article on the LA Times, which reported that 20th Century Fox turned out to issue "an urgent SOS to the major agencies looking for a quick rewrite person" days before the launch date announcement.
Meanwhile, Australia's The Daily Telegraph came up with an info stating a young version of the titular character has been cast, and it's Kodi Smit-McPhee who lands the coveted part. The 11-year-old was quoted to be "very excited about it" and is said to begin shooting his scenes this December.
Last but not least is tidbit coming from Nztecho.com about the filming schedule of this "X-Men" spin-off. It is said that principal photography will start on December 10, 2007 after the pre-production that has been carried out since October 8. Locations used will be those in and around Queenstown, New Zealand with shooting to run there until January 18, 2008. In between, there will be a break over Christmas holiday from December 21, 2007 to January 7, 2008.
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'