Wolverine Scoop: Script Problem, Young Wolverine, and Filming Date
It appears that few decisions have been made on the heels of the announcement of the May 1, 2009 release date of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine." That's if tidbits regarding the project brought by several sources are proven legit.
The first one coming from Filmonic.com claimed that a change has occurred on the creative mind behind the flick's screenplay, saying the original one crafted by David Benioff will have a re-write under "Hitman" scribe Skip Woods. Scoop is supported by a recent article on the LA Times, which reported that 20th Century Fox turned out to issue "an urgent SOS to the major agencies looking for a quick rewrite person" days before the launch date announcement.
Meanwhile, Australia's The Daily Telegraph came up with an info stating a young version of the titular character has been cast, and it's Kodi Smit-McPhee who lands the coveted part. The 11-year-old was quoted to be "very excited about it" and is said to begin shooting his scenes this December.
Last but not least is tidbit coming from Nztecho.com about the filming schedule of this "X-Men" spin-off. It is said that principal photography will start on December 10, 2007 after the pre-production that has been carried out since October 8. Locations used will be those in and around Queenstown, New Zealand with shooting to run there until January 18, 2008. In between, there will be a break over Christmas holiday from December 21, 2007 to January 7, 2008.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed