Kid Rock Spent 12 Hours in Jail After a Brawl at a Waffle House
The meltdown continues. Kid Rock was arrested early Sunday morning October 21st in DeKalb County, Georgia on charges of misdemeanor battery after he and his entourage allegedly beat up a man at a Waffle House.
The DeKalb County police said they arrested Rock and five members of his entourage at 5:15 a.m. soon after they involved in an argument with a man who entered the Waffle House which then escalated into a fight.
Rock reportedly stopped at the Waffle House restaurant shortly after 5 a.m. following his performance at The Tabernacle in Atlanta when another man, identified as Harlem DeJon Akins, recognized a female in Rock's entourage. The musician, according to MTV.com, intervened in the conversation and a fight subsequently broke out between him and Akins, leading five men in Rock's entourage to get involved.
"He and five members of his entourage were involved in a fight with a male customer inside the Waffle House," DeKalb County Police Department spokeswoman Mekka Parish explained. "It escalated to a physical altercation between Kid Rock and that male customer, and moved outside to the parking lot."
Rock, who left the scene in his tour bus, was stopped by police about a mile from the restaurant. He and five members of his entourage were taken into custody on a misdemeanor charge of simple battery.
And while Rock was released from prison soon after posting a $1,000 bond around 5 p.m. Sunday October 21st, Akins reportedly faces a felony charge of second-degree criminal damage to property for breaking the window at the Waffle House, which was valued at more than $500.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack