Avril Lavigne and Belinda, Among 2007 Los Premios Big Winners
Winners of 2007 MTV Los Premios have been announced with Avril Lavigne being the big winner in the international category and Latin singer Belinda in the home team. The event that took place at Mexico City's Palacio de los Deportes on October 18 chose its winners though online votes that marked up to 12 millions.
Avril, who also performed that night, snatched Song of the Year through 'Girlfriend' and Best International Pop Artist. The international category was continued with Evanescence and Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie named as Best International Rock Artist and Best New International Artist respectively.
The event that puts Latin music on top of the list also awarded 18-year-old sensation Belinda the Best Solo Artist as well as Video of the Year for 'Bella Traicion'. Warner's rock artist Mana earned Best Group or Duo and the prestigious Artist of the Year.
Other winners include Kat DeLuna, Paulina Rubio, Juanes, Daddy Yankee, and The Cure. The last two also performed during the show, followed by Hilary Duff and Latin act Kudai. Click here for complete winners.
Watch performances by Hilary Duff, Belinda and Avril Lavigne at the event below:
Avril Lavigne, 'When You're Gone' and 'Girlfriend':
Hilary Duff, 'With Love':
Belinda, 'Bella Traicion':
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories