Avril Lavigne and Belinda, Among 2007 Los Premios Big Winners
Winners of 2007 MTV Los Premios have been announced with Avril Lavigne being the big winner in the international category and Latin singer Belinda in the home team. The event that took place at Mexico City's Palacio de los Deportes on October 18 chose its winners though online votes that marked up to 12 millions.
Avril, who also performed that night, snatched Song of the Year through 'Girlfriend' and Best International Pop Artist. The international category was continued with Evanescence and Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie named as Best International Rock Artist and Best New International Artist respectively.
The event that puts Latin music on top of the list also awarded 18-year-old sensation Belinda the Best Solo Artist as well as Video of the Year for 'Bella Traicion'. Warner's rock artist Mana earned Best Group or Duo and the prestigious Artist of the Year.
Other winners include Kat DeLuna, Paulina Rubio, Juanes, Daddy Yankee, and The Cure. The last two also performed during the show, followed by Hilary Duff and Latin act Kudai. Click here for complete winners.
Watch performances by Hilary Duff, Belinda and Avril Lavigne at the event below:
Avril Lavigne, 'When You're Gone' and 'Girlfriend':
More Avril Lavigne News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?