Radiohead Filling in Half of 2008 With Tour
Radiohead will be coming down to the road next year to play a series of live dates in support of their new release, 'In Rainbows'. The management reveals that the band will embark in May although no specific schedule is set yet.
Speaking to Billboard, Radiohead's manager Bryce Edge said, "We plan to tour next year. Starting in May through to probably the end of the year, with lots of holidays in that period. At the moment we are talking with our agents in North America and for the rest of the world, trying to get a schedule which works for the band and works financially."
The tour will hit larger venues compared to their 2006 summer tour although vocalist Thom Yorke isn't overly favoring the idea. "They toured last summer almost for creative reasons, definitely not for financial reasons. And I think they quite enjoyed it," Edge added.
"He likes to do shows, but the whole business of schlepping around the world is not top of his list of favorite things to do. He really enjoys playing to the fans - it's just the process of how to do that which is the pain in the neck. They're not road dogs. They never have been."
'In Rainbows' was released on October 10 digitally and independently. They break off from the industry's tradition to set a fixed price list, leaving the fans to purchase the album with whatever price they are willing to pay. No physical release plan have been settled yet.
More Radiohead News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off