Radiohead Filling in Half of 2008 With Tour
Radiohead will be coming down to the road next year to play a series of live dates in support of their new release, 'In Rainbows'. The management reveals that the band will embark in May although no specific schedule is set yet.
Speaking to Billboard, Radiohead's manager Bryce Edge said, "We plan to tour next year. Starting in May through to probably the end of the year, with lots of holidays in that period. At the moment we are talking with our agents in North America and for the rest of the world, trying to get a schedule which works for the band and works financially."
The tour will hit larger venues compared to their 2006 summer tour although vocalist Thom Yorke isn't overly favoring the idea. "They toured last summer almost for creative reasons, definitely not for financial reasons. And I think they quite enjoyed it," Edge added.
"He likes to do shows, but the whole business of schlepping around the world is not top of his list of favorite things to do. He really enjoys playing to the fans - it's just the process of how to do that which is the pain in the neck. They're not road dogs. They never have been."
'In Rainbows' was released on October 10 digitally and independently. They break off from the industry's tradition to set a fixed price list, leaving the fans to purchase the album with whatever price they are willing to pay. No physical release plan have been settled yet.
More Radiohead News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory