Jennifer Garner, One of the Many Faces of Influenza
A very busy movie star and an active mother of one, Jennifer Garner does know the importance of fighting the influenza and thus donning her roles, both as mother and public figure, to be one of the American Lung Association's Faces of Influenza campaign, which will be launched in NYC on November 12th at Gotham Hall in Herald Square.
Appears in a new public service announcement (PSA) promoting the importance of flu shots for FacesOfInfluenza.org, the actress commented "Women play an important role in a family. It's our job to take care of those we love, that's why I make sure my family is protected against influenza."
She went on saying, "Look around, and you'll see someone in your life who should receive an influenza vaccination. There's the couple with young children, like my husband and I, or your parents, who are over 50 years of age, or your friend who will be pregnant during influenza season. It's also likely you know someone living with a serious medical condition, like asthma, COPD, heart disease, or diabetes. My own father has heart complications."
And "As one of the many Faces of Influenza, you and I and those close to us need to get vaccinated," Jennifer says in the PSA. "Influenza isn't the common cold – it's serious."
More Jennifer Garner News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna