Applauded Eastern Promises Highlighted 51st London Film Fest Opening
Coming to its fiftieth-first anniversary on Wednesday, October 17, 2007, the annually-held Times BFI London Film Festival marked its opening grandly at Odeon Leicester Square with David Cronenberg's "Eastern Promises", which drew a round of applause from audience for its brutal key fight scene.
The red carpet gala for the Russian mob drama found two principal cast members Naomi Watts and Vincent Cassel cheerfully made their way to the screening alongside Cronenberg. Watts looked finely beautiful in a ruby and sapphire-colored Derek Lam dress plus five-inch Dorothy-red Jimmy Choo shoes while Cassel got suave by dressing completely in black.
Joined the threesome were Australian supermodel Elle MacPherson, English filmmaker Sam Taylor Wood, actor Colin Firth and "Hot Fuzz" star Martin Freeman. The latter two both opted to appear in black suits and white shirts, Firth sporting a bow tie while Freeman choosing a long black one instead.
Now showing in theaters nationwide, "Promises" recently won the Audience Prize for best film at this year's Toronto International Film Festival. Shot in England, the flick marked the first time Cronenberg filmed a movie entirely outside of Canada.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl