Applauded Eastern Promises Highlighted 51st London Film Fest Opening
Coming to its fiftieth-first anniversary on Wednesday, October 17, 2007, the annually-held Times BFI London Film Festival marked its opening grandly at Odeon Leicester Square with David Cronenberg's "Eastern Promises", which drew a round of applause from audience for its brutal key fight scene.
The red carpet gala for the Russian mob drama found two principal cast members Naomi Watts and Vincent Cassel cheerfully made their way to the screening alongside Cronenberg. Watts looked finely beautiful in a ruby and sapphire-colored Derek Lam dress plus five-inch Dorothy-red Jimmy Choo shoes while Cassel got suave by dressing completely in black.
Joined the threesome were Australian supermodel Elle MacPherson, English filmmaker Sam Taylor Wood, actor Colin Firth and "Hot Fuzz" star Martin Freeman. The latter two both opted to appear in black suits and white shirts, Firth sporting a bow tie while Freeman choosing a long black one instead.
Now showing in theaters nationwide, "Promises" recently won the Audience Prize for best film at this year's Toronto International Film Festival. Shot in England, the flick marked the first time Cronenberg filmed a movie entirely outside of Canada.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered