Natalie Portman Urges People to Give Their Running Shoes to the Kibera Project
Having a full plate on her acting agenda today, Natalie Portman takes time to give hand at social works. The movie actress is supporting the so-called Kibera Project.
Kibera, according to justjared.buzznet.com, is Africa's largest slum where 1.2 million impoverished people live on a garbage dump roughly the size of Central Park without drainage or sewage; many without a single pair of shoes.
Giving hand to support the project, Portman is teaming up with fellow actor Anthony Edwards doing the best they can that is by make use their celebrity status to urge people to give their running shoes to the Kibera Project .
In partnership with Shoe 4 Africa, both public figures invite you to join in the project by visiting Shoes4Africa.org for more information.
On screen, Portman has just had her latest movie "The Darjeeling Limited" released on September 29th. The drama-comedy flick, according to wikipedia.org, grossed an estimated $140,000 in 2 theaters in its opening weekend.
More Natalie Portman News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?