Natalie Portman Urges People to Give Their Running Shoes to the Kibera Project
Having a full plate on her acting agenda today, Natalie Portman takes time to give hand at social works. The movie actress is supporting the so-called Kibera Project.
Kibera, according to justjared.buzznet.com, is Africa's largest slum where 1.2 million impoverished people live on a garbage dump roughly the size of Central Park without drainage or sewage; many without a single pair of shoes.
Giving hand to support the project, Portman is teaming up with fellow actor Anthony Edwards doing the best they can that is by make use their celebrity status to urge people to give their running shoes to the Kibera Project .
In partnership with Shoe 4 Africa, both public figures invite you to join in the project by visiting Shoes4Africa.org for more information.
On screen, Portman has just had her latest movie "The Darjeeling Limited" released on September 29th. The drama-comedy flick, according to wikipedia.org, grossed an estimated $140,000 in 2 theaters in its opening weekend.
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards