Natalie Portman Urges People to Give Their Running Shoes to the Kibera Project
Having a full plate on her acting agenda today, Natalie Portman takes time to give hand at social works. The movie actress is supporting the so-called Kibera Project.
Kibera, according to justjared.buzznet.com, is Africa's largest slum where 1.2 million impoverished people live on a garbage dump roughly the size of Central Park without drainage or sewage; many without a single pair of shoes.
Giving hand to support the project, Portman is teaming up with fellow actor Anthony Edwards doing the best they can that is by make use their celebrity status to urge people to give their running shoes to the Kibera Project .
In partnership with Shoe 4 Africa, both public figures invite you to join in the project by visiting Shoes4Africa.org for more information.
On screen, Portman has just had her latest movie "The Darjeeling Limited" released on September 29th. The drama-comedy flick, according to wikipedia.org, grossed an estimated $140,000 in 2 theaters in its opening weekend.
More Natalie Portman News
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star