Natalie Portman Urges People to Give Their Running Shoes to the Kibera Project
Having a full plate on her acting agenda today, Natalie Portman takes time to give hand at social works. The movie actress is supporting the so-called Kibera Project.
Kibera, according to justjared.buzznet.com, is Africa's largest slum where 1.2 million impoverished people live on a garbage dump roughly the size of Central Park without drainage or sewage; many without a single pair of shoes.
Giving hand to support the project, Portman is teaming up with fellow actor Anthony Edwards doing the best they can that is by make use their celebrity status to urge people to give their running shoes to the Kibera Project .
In partnership with Shoe 4 Africa, both public figures invite you to join in the project by visiting Shoes4Africa.org for more information.
On screen, Portman has just had her latest movie "The Darjeeling Limited" released on September 29th. The drama-comedy flick, according to wikipedia.org, grossed an estimated $140,000 in 2 theaters in its opening weekend.
More Natalie Portman News
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?