Natalie Portman Urges People to Give Their Running Shoes to the Kibera Project
Having a full plate on her acting agenda today, Natalie Portman takes time to give hand at social works. The movie actress is supporting the so-called Kibera Project.
Kibera, according to justjared.buzznet.com, is Africa's largest slum where 1.2 million impoverished people live on a garbage dump roughly the size of Central Park without drainage or sewage; many without a single pair of shoes.
Giving hand to support the project, Portman is teaming up with fellow actor Anthony Edwards doing the best they can that is by make use their celebrity status to urge people to give their running shoes to the Kibera Project .
In partnership with Shoe 4 Africa, both public figures invite you to join in the project by visiting Shoes4Africa.org for more information.
On screen, Portman has just had her latest movie "The Darjeeling Limited" released on September 29th. The drama-comedy flick, according to wikipedia.org, grossed an estimated $140,000 in 2 theaters in its opening weekend.
More Natalie Portman News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart