Europe's New Star AYO Set to Conquer the States With 'Joyful'
A huge success in many European countries, AYO is set to conquer the States. The singer who brought back the essence of folk music into the mainstream through hit 'Down on My Knees' has garnered a deal with Interscope that will release her debut album in U.S.
'Joyful' is an album containing a selection of masterpieces, blending the rare folk sound with Sade like soul vibe and a twist of reggae. Her album has reached the platinum status in Europe thanks to the already popular first single 'Down on My Knees'.
Accompanying the contagious hit are the guitar driven 'Without You' and the more lively 'Help is Coming'. The album earned the work of Norah Jones' producer Jay Newland.
Starting from this December, the singer that was discovered in New York will begin a series of self-campaign by appearing in a PBS special on over 300 affiliates. According to her official site, her U.S. debut will be on New York's WLIW 21 on Sunday, October 21 at 9:30 P.M.
'Joyful', which is the meaning of her stage name in Yoruba language, will be released on November 20 via Interscope. Click here to pre-order the album.
'Down on My Knees':
More AYO News
- 'Bond 25': Yann Demange, Denis Villeneuve and David Mackenzie Are Frontrunners to Direct
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Nearing a Greenlight, Mahershala Ali Set to Star
- Selena Gomez Gets Kinky in 'Fetish' Music Video
- 'American Idol': Lionel Richie, Charlie Puth and Luke Bryan Are Eyed as New Judges
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady GaGa, Seth Rogen and More Slam Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility