Europe's New Star AYO Set to Conquer the States With 'Joyful'
A huge success in many European countries, AYO is set to conquer the States. The singer who brought back the essence of folk music into the mainstream through hit 'Down on My Knees' has garnered a deal with Interscope that will release her debut album in U.S.
'Joyful' is an album containing a selection of masterpieces, blending the rare folk sound with Sade like soul vibe and a twist of reggae. Her album has reached the platinum status in Europe thanks to the already popular first single 'Down on My Knees'.
Accompanying the contagious hit are the guitar driven 'Without You' and the more lively 'Help is Coming'. The album earned the work of Norah Jones' producer Jay Newland.
Starting from this December, the singer that was discovered in New York will begin a series of self-campaign by appearing in a PBS special on over 300 affiliates. According to her official site, her U.S. debut will be on New York's WLIW 21 on Sunday, October 21 at 9:30 P.M.
'Joyful', which is the meaning of her stage name in Yoruba language, will be released on November 20 via Interscope. Click here to pre-order the album.
'Down on My Knees':
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera