Europe's New Star AYO Set to Conquer the States With 'Joyful'
A huge success in many European countries, AYO is set to conquer the States. The singer who brought back the essence of folk music into the mainstream through hit 'Down on My Knees' has garnered a deal with Interscope that will release her debut album in U.S.
'Joyful' is an album containing a selection of masterpieces, blending the rare folk sound with Sade like soul vibe and a twist of reggae. Her album has reached the platinum status in Europe thanks to the already popular first single 'Down on My Knees'.
Accompanying the contagious hit are the guitar driven 'Without You' and the more lively 'Help is Coming'. The album earned the work of Norah Jones' producer Jay Newland.
Starting from this December, the singer that was discovered in New York will begin a series of self-campaign by appearing in a PBS special on over 300 affiliates. According to her official site, her U.S. debut will be on New York's WLIW 21 on Sunday, October 21 at 9:30 P.M.
'Joyful', which is the meaning of her stage name in Yoruba language, will be released on November 20 via Interscope. Click here to pre-order the album.
'Down on My Knees':
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'