Hollywood Beauties Honored at Elle Magazine's 14th Annual Women in Hollywood
Six Hollywood actresses and a filmmaker received special attention on Monday night (Oct 15) as Elle Magazine paid them tribute at its 14th Annual Women in Hollywood held at Beverly Hills' Four Seasons Hotel.
All profiled in the November issue of the magazine, they were Scarlett Johansson, Kate Bosworth, Jennifer Connelly, Amy Adams, Lauren Bacall, Diane Lane, and director Julie Taymor, whose latest work "Across the Universe" was smoothly released in theaters on September 21, 2007. The lineup thereby became a mix of young Hollywood and experienced veterans with 22-year-old Johansson being the youngest.
Johansson was bestowed with an Icon Award, given to her by her "In Good Company" co-star Topher Grace while Adams brought home the Chanel Spotlight Award. Lane, in the meantime, accepted her prize from close friend Elizabeth Perkins, known for her role in Tom Hanks-starrer "Big."
"There's a lot more opportunity for young women, and that's great, and I like to think that I was there to help pave a few stones," Lane said in her acceptance speech. "It's wonderful to have all the different stages of a woman's life acknowledged and appreciated."
Founded in France in 1945, Elle now is considered to be the world’s largest fashion magazine with 39 international editions in over 60 countries. For this year's Women in Hollywood, the magazine chose to highlight figures that have made a positive impact on the film industry during a time when other celebrities like Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan continually find themselves in the spotlight for bad behavior.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift