Hollywood Beauties Honored at Elle Magazine's 14th Annual Women in Hollywood
Six Hollywood actresses and a filmmaker received special attention on Monday night (Oct 15) as Elle Magazine paid them tribute at its 14th Annual Women in Hollywood held at Beverly Hills' Four Seasons Hotel.
All profiled in the November issue of the magazine, they were Scarlett Johansson, Kate Bosworth, Jennifer Connelly, Amy Adams, Lauren Bacall, Diane Lane, and director Julie Taymor, whose latest work "Across the Universe" was smoothly released in theaters on September 21, 2007. The lineup thereby became a mix of young Hollywood and experienced veterans with 22-year-old Johansson being the youngest.
Johansson was bestowed with an Icon Award, given to her by her "In Good Company" co-star Topher Grace while Adams brought home the Chanel Spotlight Award. Lane, in the meantime, accepted her prize from close friend Elizabeth Perkins, known for her role in Tom Hanks-starrer "Big."
"There's a lot more opportunity for young women, and that's great, and I like to think that I was there to help pave a few stones," Lane said in her acceptance speech. "It's wonderful to have all the different stages of a woman's life acknowledged and appreciated."
Founded in France in 1945, Elle now is considered to be the world’s largest fashion magazine with 39 international editions in over 60 countries. For this year's Women in Hollywood, the magazine chose to highlight figures that have made a positive impact on the film industry during a time when other celebrities like Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan continually find themselves in the spotlight for bad behavior.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie