Colin Farrell Never Uses 'Disability' for His Son
Colin Farrell has come forward and spoke publicly about his son's special need for the first time. Four-year-old James may be born with Angelma Syndrome, but his dad could not have asked for more.
Colin addressed his son's disability saying, "With my son the only time I'm reminded that there is something different about him - that he has some deviation of what is perceived to be normal - is when I see him with other four-year-olds. Then I go, 'Oh yeah', and it comes back to me. But from day one I felt that he's the way he's meant to be."
Angelma Syndrom, that occurs only 1 in 12,000 people, causes the victims to have speech impediment, frequent seizures and fits but leave them frequently smiling and with happy misdemeanor. "I am incredibly blessed to have James in my life," Colin said with pride. "He has shown amazing courage and he is an incredibly happy boy despite everything he has faced."
James, who is Colin's son with his ex Kim Bodenave, has undergone early treatment for his disability. The boy recently showed progress that dropped Colin to tears. "He spent four years working his a**e off for that moment," Colin told Irish Independent. "When he took the first steps it was incredibly emotional, there wasn't a dry eye in the house."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off