Colin Farrell Never Uses 'Disability' for His Son
Colin Farrell has come forward and spoke publicly about his son's special need for the first time. Four-year-old James may be born with Angelma Syndrome, but his dad could not have asked for more.
Colin addressed his son's disability saying, "With my son the only time I'm reminded that there is something different about him - that he has some deviation of what is perceived to be normal - is when I see him with other four-year-olds. Then I go, 'Oh yeah', and it comes back to me. But from day one I felt that he's the way he's meant to be."
Angelma Syndrom, that occurs only 1 in 12,000 people, causes the victims to have speech impediment, frequent seizures and fits but leave them frequently smiling and with happy misdemeanor. "I am incredibly blessed to have James in my life," Colin said with pride. "He has shown amazing courage and he is an incredibly happy boy despite everything he has faced."
James, who is Colin's son with his ex Kim Bodenave, has undergone early treatment for his disability. The boy recently showed progress that dropped Colin to tears. "He spent four years working his a**e off for that moment," Colin told Irish Independent. "When he took the first steps it was incredibly emotional, there wasn't a dry eye in the house."
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna