Colin Farrell Never Uses 'Disability' for His Son
Colin Farrell has come forward and spoke publicly about his son's special need for the first time. Four-year-old James may be born with Angelma Syndrome, but his dad could not have asked for more.
Colin addressed his son's disability saying, "With my son the only time I'm reminded that there is something different about him - that he has some deviation of what is perceived to be normal - is when I see him with other four-year-olds. Then I go, 'Oh yeah', and it comes back to me. But from day one I felt that he's the way he's meant to be."
Angelma Syndrom, that occurs only 1 in 12,000 people, causes the victims to have speech impediment, frequent seizures and fits but leave them frequently smiling and with happy misdemeanor. "I am incredibly blessed to have James in my life," Colin said with pride. "He has shown amazing courage and he is an incredibly happy boy despite everything he has faced."
James, who is Colin's son with his ex Kim Bodenave, has undergone early treatment for his disability. The boy recently showed progress that dropped Colin to tears. "He spent four years working his a**e off for that moment," Colin told Irish Independent. "When he took the first steps it was incredibly emotional, there wasn't a dry eye in the house."
More Colin Farrell News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show