Lindsay Lohan Filed Countersuit for 2005 Crash Case
Taking quite a surprising move after her recent rehab, Lindsay Lohan reportedly has made a legal action on her 2005 car crash incident. The actress/singer turned out to have placed a countersuit in Los Angeles Superior Court Thursday, October 11, 2007 against Raymond Ortega, the man who sued her this summer for the accident.
The court papers submitted by the beauty stated that she was heading north on the Robertson Boulevard at the legal limit of 30 mph on October 5, 2005 when Ortega suddenly made an illegal U-turn in front of her. The "Mean Girls" star further said she was unable to stop in time and so, hit his van, which then struck another van parked on the street.
Alleging Ortega and an unspecified number of defendants were the ones to blame in the headline-grabbing smashup, Lohan is seeking $75,000 for the cost of the repairs to her car, a black Mercedes-Benz SL-65, as well as funds for renting other vehicles and cash to cover her hospital bill. The amount is considerably less than the $200,000 Ortega demanding in his suit that stated he was "negligent in the ownership, operation, repairs and maintenance" of his van. It is learned that a trial for both lawsuits has been scheduled for April 7, 2008.
To the 21-year-old's advantage, a report filed by the California Highway Patrol on the day of the accident revealed that Ortega actually was to blame for the crash. However, the man's lawyer Robert Klein has claimed to have witnesses who say she was not driving at 30 mph but 62 mph instead and that there is "some evidence" she had consumed alcohol prior to the incident.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters
- Halsey Slams Quavo, Calls Iggy Azalea a 'F**king Moron'
- Choa Announces She's Leaving AOA, Insists It's Not Because She's Pregnant
- Will Jared Leto Reprise The Joker Role for Harley Quinn Spin-Off?
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Posts Lowest Opening in the Franchise
- Ashton Kutcher Claims He Had Hooking Up Agreement With Mila Kunis
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?