Lindsay Lohan Filed Countersuit for 2005 Crash Case
Taking quite a surprising move after her recent rehab, Lindsay Lohan reportedly has made a legal action on her 2005 car crash incident. The actress/singer turned out to have placed a countersuit in Los Angeles Superior Court Thursday, October 11, 2007 against Raymond Ortega, the man who sued her this summer for the accident.
The court papers submitted by the beauty stated that she was heading north on the Robertson Boulevard at the legal limit of 30 mph on October 5, 2005 when Ortega suddenly made an illegal U-turn in front of her. The "Mean Girls" star further said she was unable to stop in time and so, hit his van, which then struck another van parked on the street.
Alleging Ortega and an unspecified number of defendants were the ones to blame in the headline-grabbing smashup, Lohan is seeking $75,000 for the cost of the repairs to her car, a black Mercedes-Benz SL-65, as well as funds for renting other vehicles and cash to cover her hospital bill. The amount is considerably less than the $200,000 Ortega demanding in his suit that stated he was "negligent in the ownership, operation, repairs and maintenance" of his van. It is learned that a trial for both lawsuits has been scheduled for April 7, 2008.
To the 21-year-old's advantage, a report filed by the California Highway Patrol on the day of the accident revealed that Ortega actually was to blame for the crash. However, the man's lawyer Robert Klein has claimed to have witnesses who say she was not driving at 30 mph but 62 mph instead and that there is "some evidence" she had consumed alcohol prior to the incident.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart