Janet Jackson Confirmed a Duet With Maroon 5
With her movie 'Why Did I Get Married?' being released yesterday (October 12), Janet Jackson has more time to concentrate on her next album which will be her first under her new label, Island.
Boyfriend slash the label's president Jermaine Dupri revealed that among the credits in the album will be Maroon 5.
"She has a duet with Maroon 5. Just little things," Dupri said in an interview with MTV. Other collaborators confirmed by Dupri would be The-Dream who penned Rihanna's hit 'Umbrella' and Rodney Jerkins. The rumored Janet's duet with Mariah Carey won't be present in the album.
Durpi predicted that the album will be ready for release in the first quarter of 2008. "Probably in February or March or the summer. It's 45 percent done," he said before adding "It's gonna be a crazy album. It's a Janet record. I'm A&R-ing, and I'm probably going to be the executive producer. But I'm getting records she likes and pulling records from other people. "
More Janet Jackson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris