Janet Jackson Confirmed a Duet With Maroon 5
With her movie 'Why Did I Get Married?' being released yesterday (October 12), Janet Jackson has more time to concentrate on her next album which will be her first under her new label, Island.
Boyfriend slash the label's president Jermaine Dupri revealed that among the credits in the album will be Maroon 5.
"She has a duet with Maroon 5. Just little things," Dupri said in an interview with MTV. Other collaborators confirmed by Dupri would be The-Dream who penned Rihanna's hit 'Umbrella' and Rodney Jerkins. The rumored Janet's duet with Mariah Carey won't be present in the album.
Durpi predicted that the album will be ready for release in the first quarter of 2008. "Probably in February or March or the summer. It's 45 percent done," he said before adding "It's gonna be a crazy album. It's a Janet record. I'm A&R-ing, and I'm probably going to be the executive producer. But I'm getting records she likes and pulling records from other people. "
More Janet Jackson News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik