Janet Jackson Confirmed a Duet With Maroon 5
With her movie 'Why Did I Get Married?' being released yesterday (October 12), Janet Jackson has more time to concentrate on her next album which will be her first under her new label, Island.
Boyfriend slash the label's president Jermaine Dupri revealed that among the credits in the album will be Maroon 5.
"She has a duet with Maroon 5. Just little things," Dupri said in an interview with MTV. Other collaborators confirmed by Dupri would be The-Dream who penned Rihanna's hit 'Umbrella' and Rodney Jerkins. The rumored Janet's duet with Mariah Carey won't be present in the album.
Durpi predicted that the album will be ready for release in the first quarter of 2008. "Probably in February or March or the summer. It's 45 percent done," he said before adding "It's gonna be a crazy album. It's a Janet record. I'm A&R-ing, and I'm probably going to be the executive producer. But I'm getting records she likes and pulling records from other people. "
More Janet Jackson News
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!