My Girl Anna Chlumsky Engaged to Become Soldier's Bride
"My Girl" will soon become soldier's bride. Anna Chlumsky is engaged to be married.
The actress, best known for playing Vada Sultenfuss in the 1991 movie "My Girl" and the 1994 sequel "My Girl 2," has been engaged to boyfriend, Army Reservist Shaun So.
Confirmed the engagement to People, Chlumsky said she and So are currently planning to walk down the aisle in March 2008.
"Shaun's family is Chinese, and my family is Catholic. So we're going to do a fusion of the two cultural traditions," the bride-to-be said Thursday night October 11th at the Conde Nast Traveler Readers Choice Awards.
"There will be Lai See ... [money given in red envelopes]. That's what the children get during Chinese New Year. And you'll have a big feast. Both of our fathers are chefs, so food is number one," she went on saying, adding that the nuptial will take place in "my church and then a Chinese restaurant" about which she said "Flushing [N.Y.] is the place to go for good Chinese. I picked one dress, but you're supposed to wear a Chinese dress as well."
As of the traditional Chinese tradition of "kidnapping" the bride, the pair will skip that part and will instead have the tea ceremony. "You pour tea for members of both of your families," said Chlumsky, "and that's a consolidation of the family."
Chlumsky and So plan to honeymoon in Italy for both the "food and the wine."
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters