Chris Pine in Talks for Star Trek's Captain Kirk!
Seems Paramount is going on the fast track in constructing the lineup of "Star Trek" cast. Just hiring Eric Bana as villainous Nero, the studio is learned by The Hollywood Reporter to have already got into discussions with "Just My Luck" star Chris Pine for a possibility to give him the role of the USS Enterprise captain, James T. Kirk.
On the same time, Pine reportedly is also in talks to take part in Joe Carnahan-directed "White Jazz", which George Clooney is set to topline. The Los Angeles-born actor will likely be billed as Junior Stemmons, the partner of Clooney's character, should deals are struck.
Trade, however, notes that Pine's biggest stumbling block to getting both roles at this point may be scheduling since "Trek" is said to shoot next month up to March 2008 while "Jazz" has a mid-January start. It is possible that the hunk and his camp could be forced to choose which role to take though both sides are trying to sort out the date puzzle.
In related news about "Star Trek", co-writer Roberto Orci recently revealed to TrekMovie.com in an interview that he has completed the second draft for the sci-fi flick, which he described to be better and tighter. Further, the man also assured that the screenplay would not be affected by the possible Writers Guild strike as he and Alex Kurtzman would have it finished before filming begins in November 2007, saying "Any changes between now and then will be based on casting."
More Star Trek News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?