Chris Pine in Talks for Star Trek's Captain Kirk!
Seems Paramount is going on the fast track in constructing the lineup of "Star Trek" cast. Just hiring Eric Bana as villainous Nero, the studio is learned by The Hollywood Reporter to have already got into discussions with "Just My Luck" star Chris Pine for a possibility to give him the role of the USS Enterprise captain, James T. Kirk.
On the same time, Pine reportedly is also in talks to take part in Joe Carnahan-directed "White Jazz", which George Clooney is set to topline. The Los Angeles-born actor will likely be billed as Junior Stemmons, the partner of Clooney's character, should deals are struck.
Trade, however, notes that Pine's biggest stumbling block to getting both roles at this point may be scheduling since "Trek" is said to shoot next month up to March 2008 while "Jazz" has a mid-January start. It is possible that the hunk and his camp could be forced to choose which role to take though both sides are trying to sort out the date puzzle.
In related news about "Star Trek", co-writer Roberto Orci recently revealed to TrekMovie.com in an interview that he has completed the second draft for the sci-fi flick, which he described to be better and tighter. Further, the man also assured that the screenplay would not be affected by the possible Writers Guild strike as he and Alex Kurtzman would have it finished before filming begins in November 2007, saying "Any changes between now and then will be based on casting."
More Star Trek News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered