P. Diddy Producing Tracks in Jay-Z's 'American Gangster'
Jay-Z has invited a group of press including MTV, Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly to preview his upcoming album 'American Gangster'. From the session that took place at Roc the Mike Studios in Manhattan, it is found that Jay-Z has let other musician to produce some of the tracks, and that person is P. Diddy.
It was just weeks ago when Diddy walked in to Jay-Z's studio with some materials. That day, Diddy didn't know that Jay was planning a concept album inspired by 'American Gangster' the movie. It was a coincident when the materials he brought have the '70s vibe that would suit the movie background well. "It fit the time period and everything," said Jay.
According to MTV, Diddy and his team eventually end up producing six tracks including 'Pray', ' No Hook', 'Sweet' and 'Roc Boys'. The latest is slated to become the second single after 'Blue Magic' feat. Pharrell Williams.
Other known collaborators are Jermaine Dupri ('When the Money's Gone' and 'Fallen'), Just Blaze, The Neptunes, Bilal ('Fallen') and Beanie Sigel ('Ignorant Shit'). It was reported that Jay is considering a song that will sample Marvin Gaye.
Jay-Z's 'American Gangster' will be released on November 6. The rapper mentioned going on tour to promote the album next summer.
More Jay-Z News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri