P. Diddy Producing Tracks in Jay-Z's 'American Gangster'
Jay-Z has invited a group of press including MTV, Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly to preview his upcoming album 'American Gangster'. From the session that took place at Roc the Mike Studios in Manhattan, it is found that Jay-Z has let other musician to produce some of the tracks, and that person is P. Diddy.
It was just weeks ago when Diddy walked in to Jay-Z's studio with some materials. That day, Diddy didn't know that Jay was planning a concept album inspired by 'American Gangster' the movie. It was a coincident when the materials he brought have the '70s vibe that would suit the movie background well. "It fit the time period and everything," said Jay.
According to MTV, Diddy and his team eventually end up producing six tracks including 'Pray', ' No Hook', 'Sweet' and 'Roc Boys'. The latest is slated to become the second single after 'Blue Magic' feat. Pharrell Williams.
Other known collaborators are Jermaine Dupri ('When the Money's Gone' and 'Fallen'), Just Blaze, The Neptunes, Bilal ('Fallen') and Beanie Sigel ('Ignorant Shit'). It was reported that Jay is considering a song that will sample Marvin Gaye.
Jay-Z's 'American Gangster' will be released on November 6. The rapper mentioned going on tour to promote the album next summer.
More Jay-Z News
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!